Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    IAHopeful08 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxFLGal View Post
    From the FBI website:
    "We require a PSI for all FBI applicants. This interview includes questions about foreign travel and contacts, drug usage, status of financial obligations, and other security issues. Information that you provide on your application and during your interview may be verified through the mandatory polygraph examination that we give to applicants who successfully complete the PSI. We will notify you of the date, time and location of the polygraph. The polygraph examination focuses on national security and counterintelligence issues and the accuracy and completeness of the information you gave in your application."
    Thanks, Jax. No mention of the polygraph so I assume it's just the first part. Should be easy. What's not so easy is dealing with the fleas I have in my house. And I have no pet. 3 foggers and I'm still not done.

IAHopeful08 Guest
    Okay, no poly yet. Just the security interview tomorrow. Wish I could knock it all out. May have to travel for the poly it turns out.

With respect to ATF SAC and others on this forum, please layoff the poly type of statements, we don't want to loose people for breaking rules on the forum.
    Peace and Good Luck to All

IAHopeful08 Guest
    Security interview was a breeze. Should have poly scheduled this week. Now, I was told 1,400 IAs were being brought on by September. I was also told if you didn't make it by September, you were most likely out of luck because they'd then be out of money. I was also told that a lot of applicants were being given another kind of COE where they're brought on before the entire background and processing was complete, and if those applicants chose to come on board they risk being jettisoned at any time for no reason. Can anyone confirm any of this?

IAHopeful08 Guest
    Middle names! Get those too for your references, in addition to their DOB, POB, Address, Numbers, ...

Quote Originally Posted by IAHopeful08 View Post
    Middle names! Get those too for your references, in addition to their DOB, POB, Address, Numbers, ...
    Wow, I didn't need middle names.

Awfully quiet in this thread. No news? I'm back, and have a lot of packing and moving to do before I go to Q on Sunday. Fortunately my 'packet' was here. Not much to it: just a letter, a mobility agreement, and a Top Secret decoder ring. I can't say any more, at least not until I decode the letter.

Has everyone here bailed to that other board, or are you just waiting for something to report?

JaxFLGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by levendis View Post
    Wow, I didn't need middle names.

Awfully quiet in this thread. No news? I'm back, and have a lot of packing and moving to do before I go to Q on Sunday. Fortunately my 'packet' was here. Not much to it: just a letter, a mobility agreement, and a Top Secret decoder ring. I can't say any more, at least not until I decode the letter.

Has everyone here bailed to that other board, or are you just waiting for something to report?
    Um... yeah... um... we bailed... yeah, sorry about that... you'll have to join us over there!... In the short version, veteranbv got "the call," other than that, only some people on the other board got "the call"... I think 6, including you...

IAHopeful08 Guest
    I'm still here.

UMCane07 Guest
    Still here!

Got "the Call" today at 10:30! The entire process was about 4 1/2 months!

IAHopeful08 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UMCane07 View Post
    Still here!

Got "the Call" today at 10:30! The entire process was about 4 1/2 months!
    Congrats! That's so awesome!!!

So, what did they say? How does "the call" actually take place?

JaxFLGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IAHopeful08 View Post
    I'm still here.
    I sent you 2 PMs with a link to the other forum... feel free to join us over there as well! There are a ton more people so there is more conversation!

One of my friends got "the call," and is headed out in early fall.

I'm still pending adjudication.

UMCane07 Guest
    I hope you get the positive adjudication bud. My EOD is 21 July at HQ. I'm attending classes at the Q in FY09.

ATF SAC or other mods: Any insight as to why they are sending us to our duty stations and then sending us to the Q in the next FY?

UMCane07, I don't know why specifically but I can surmise. Coming into the last quarter of the FY they may have the funding to fill the positions, but not the bandwidth at Quantico to get everyone into a class before reporting to their office. As I understand it, unlike agents, analysts are designated to an office before their training so it is less of a problem.

Fairly close attention by the Hill to how the Bureau is doing filling these positions so this gives them an opportunity to report a higher level of FTEs on board.
    ret.

explorer3253 Guest
    Haven't seen any activity on this thread..are people still getting into these type of positions? I was initially in the SA group, and have recently been moving towards a IA position and was wondering if people are still being hired.

My poly is completed and background is almost completed