Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sigtarp

Sigtarp

Anyone apply for the SIGTARP openings or have any idea how they are going to handle their hiring process? Post opened and closed fast - wondering if they had people lined up already.
    Signature graphic deleted by moderator for the second time - please edit to conform with the rules of the board.

Checked my application status...

and was rated qualified. Haven't heard anything else - process, time lines, etc. I'm looking forward to movement.

Anybody else?

GWS1999 Guest

Application status

Same here...applied and saw updated status in USAJOBS about a week ago was "best qualified". Not sure what the hiring time frame is; however, I would expect it to be rather quickly. It may also depend on the next stimulus bill passage...who knows??

highlander96 Guest
    I just checked and was rated "Best Qualified"

Quote Originally Posted by highlander96 View Post
    I just checked and was rated "Best Qualified"
    Same traffic here.

09-SIGTAR-021DH Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) Application Received Grade 11:You have been found Best Qualified.

Nothing else. Though I have just aged out of the position, so you young kids have at it!

Best of luck to those under 36 and/or already in a covered gig.
    Depart not from the path fate has you assigned- a fortune cookie.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Fron what I understand, it opened and closed quickly because they had a high volume of apps, combined with some pre-posting people searches.

-OT

Yeah - with the high volume of apps - I don't expect any movement anytime soon
    Signature graphic deleted by moderator for the second time - please edit to conform with the rules of the board.

Here is some information I was sent by a buddy out of D.C about SIGTARP :

All three divisions — Audit, Investigations, and Administration — have begun
    the process of fi lling out their ranks by relying on experienced personnel from
    other agencies who come to SIGTARP temporarily during start-up. Detailees from SIGIR are now serving in the Audit Division. The Investigations Division is using detailees from the Internal Revenue Service’s Criminal Investigations Division.

SIGTARP’s investigative arm is led by the Deputy Special Inspector General for
    Investigations. Designed to be made up of special agents, investigators, analysts, and attorney advisors, the Investigations Division supervises and conducts criminal and civil investigations into those, whether inside or outside of government, who waste, steal, or abuse TARP funds. The model for the division is to build teams of experienced fi nancial and corporate fraud investigators that include not only special agents, but also forensic analysts and, critically, attorney advisors within the Investigations Division itself, so that SIGTARP can have a broad array of expertise and perspective in developing even the most sophisticated investigations.

While the Investigations Division will, of course, pursue any wrongdoers with respect to TARP within government, it will also focus on the recipients of TARP funds — i.e., vendors hired to administer TARP activities and the institutions that receive TARP investments. Those who make intentional misrepresentations in the TARP application process or in their financial reporting to Treasury may be in violation of several criminal statutes, including securities fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, and false statements. SIGTARP intends to investigate these potential crimes vigorously.

In the interests of maximizing criminal and civil enforcement, the Investigations Division will coordinate closely with other law enforcement agencies with the goal of forming law enforcement partnerships, including task force relationships, across the federal government to leverage SIGTARP’s expertise and unique position. The Investigations Division will take the lead in responding to referrals made to SIGTARP’s Hotline through telephone, e-mail, website, and in-person complaints, abiding by all applicable whistleblower protections set forth in the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended. When a full audit or investigation is not possible or advisable, the Investigations Division will work closely with the Audit Division to conduct
    inspection and evaluation projects.

GWS1999 Guest

Any movement???

Just wondering if anyone has seen movement on these positions? I had a telephonic interview this week with them, but was not told what time line to expect.

I was reading transcripts from SIG Barofsky's recent testimony and he indicated they were having a hard time finding applicants. Not sure if that meant qualified applicants or just applicants period.

If I get any additional info, I will pass it along.

Telephonic's

Buddy of mine up in VA also had a telephonic interview with a couple of folks this week. They didn't give him much in the way of time frame expectations either. They indicated the first round will consist of telephonic interviews and those that pass that will be brought in for in-person interviews down the line.
    Never take life to seriously................no one gets out alive anyway. -- Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jon View Post
    Same traffic here.

09-SIGTAR-021DH Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) Application Received Grade 11:You have been found Best Qualified.

Nothing else. Though I have just aged out of the position, so you young kids have at it!

Best of luck to those under 36 and/or already in a covered gig.
    Not ALWAYS the case...I note that some agencies only require that you be on a BQL prior to your 37'th. I knew one guy that was hired a full 6 months after his 37'th...had been on a BQL for over a year prior to that. I think htis is another one of those an agency "can" do things as opposed to any agency "must" do.

Indeed anything is possible, I have seen cases where an announcement says that in certain cases they can apply a waiver; but have heard that is quite the rarity.

Well I fret not (well not that much) I made the career decisions that I did and admit that I turned down more than 1 covered job in the coveted 1811 filed to peruse more street level experience and do right by the family; so I hold no regrets if I have “aged out”. There is plenty of good I can still do for the G in other capacities.

But, if this is the case and the hiring official sees what an absolute gem I am, they will obviously waive all requirements and offer me top billing with a window office
    Depart not from the path fate has you assigned- a fortune cookie.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

No information from them at all - still just says best qualified - no interview yet...

Good friend of mine - got the call last week - she got hired and starts on 30 March

Scout0315 Guest
    At 41 I had thought I had aged out of my dream job (retired from military after 37 years of age, work mostly CI/CT), but they changed age cap for military preference edibles.

“Individuals selected for Criminal Investigator positions are covered under special law enforcement provisions. This requires that applicants not exceed the maximum age for entry. The date immediately preceding an applicant's 37th birthday is the final date
    for selection. The age restriction does not apply, providing the appropriate documentation is submitted, if:
    A. You have served in a Federal civilian (not military) law enforcement officer (FLEO) position covered by special civil service retirement provisions, including early or mandatory retirement, and after subtracting these covered time period(s) (years/months) of
    prior Federal service worked in a primary law enforcement position, you must be less than 37 years of age. The maximum entry age limit was established under the age discrimination prohibitions contained in Section 15 of the Age Discrimination and Employment Act.

OR

B. You are a preference-eligible veteran.”

I applied as well to Sigtarp (GS-1811-11), was found best qualified, (95/100), but I have not heard anything. My fear is that since I live in Seattle, the hiring manager is just walking past my name for someone local.