Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

ATF Industry Operations Investigator

Received "THE" call last Thursday, but wasn't home to get the message in time. Called back on Monday, per the instructions left on the message and found out that my wife and I were both selected to attend the upcoming academy. I accepted the offer and my wife deferred due to events that came up with her current career. Looking forward to FLETC and can't believe that I was only in the process 9 months start to finish!
    'I got my Cat Scratch Fever eight track, my best friend's in a gun rack...'

Congratulations to you AND your wife! ATF is a first-class organization. Good luck in your new career.

B2B
    Better than honor and glory and history's iron pen-
    Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow men
    - Richard Watson Gilder

Congrats - enjoy working for such a great agency.

Congrats. You'll enjoy the job.

Thanks!

lig27 Guest
    Congratulations! I received a background package after inteviewing last month and returned in 3 days. I have not been contacted by the background investigator yet. Curious to know if you were given any information about possible FLETC dates?

Supposed to be one for IOIs in the spring of 2010.

lig27 Guest
    Thanks for the info. It gives me an idea of a possible time frame assuming everything works out.

I have heard that there are 3 IOI classes scheduled for 2010, but that could change at a moments notice... Good luck to you!

Applicant

I applied for the IOI announcment #09-EXC-601-GWH on November 10, 2008. According to the ATF Career Connector site, my application status is "Grade 05:Best Qualified".
    However, I haven't heard anything since I applied and faxed in all of the documentation last year.

Can anyone share their timeline so I can guage whether this is the norm for this position? (I know it would be for the SA position)

Also, assuming you are offered the job, will the ATF keep you in the FO you process out of or do you have to relocate?

Thanks and congrats to those who have been hired.

Patriot72
    You keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
    Stay between the udder and the hock, it's a
    belly option on 2 on 2 Ready! Hut Hut!!
    Holy Schnikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot72 View Post
    I applied for the IOI announcment #09-EXC-601-GWH on November 10, 2008. According to the ATF Career Connector site, my application status is "Grade 05:Best Qualified".
    However, I haven't heard anything since I applied and faxed in all of the documentation last year.

Can anyone share their timeline so I can guage whether this is the norm for this position? (I know it would be for the SA position)

Also, assuming you are offered the job, will the ATF keep you in the FO you process out of or do you have to relocate?

Thanks and congrats to those who have been hired.

Patriot72
    Most people take 1-2 years to get on board. Where you are hired does not have anything to do with where you interviewed. It follows more with where ATF needs bodies.