Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Turn!!!!!!!..........!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I RECEIVED THE FINAL OFFER!!!

Oh my goodness, this feels so good. I have finally accomplished my dream after almost 6 years and tons of applications later!!!

It is for a support position in the DEA!

I will write more when I can actually think.
    "From whence comes the purpose of a person's life?.....Come it by chance, a casting of the lot, or does a call of destiny beckon to each of us?"
    Mordecai

Scout0315 Guest

Thumbs up

Good for you

Congrats!
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won't back down... Tom Petty

From this day to the ending of the world.... We in it shall be remembered. We gallant few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me. Shall be my brother.Shakespeare

Congratulations, Kristin. Was a lot easier for me not to worry than it was for you.
    ret.

Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Woo Hoo!

That is the law. . . according to the rules.

Well, well. If we had a Forum Bar, you would FINALLY be buying! Welcome to the DEA Family!

Now, looking back on the waiting, it wasn't THAT bad, was it?

All the best Kristin. You've been a trooper. DM
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

Congrats! Oh boy - now you will gain some insight into this whacky world of law enforcement - and even more so, the whacky world of narcotics. Good luck!

Kristin--

Congrats on the offer! You've been working towards this goal for a long time, and none deserve it more than you!
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King
    "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me."

Good for you, Kirsten. You've certainly been patient for a long time, for sure. Congrats and good luck with your new career!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it." -Chinese proverb

icon31.gif

Congrats. The Federal rollercoaster is like no other. Enjoy the ride.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan

congrats and good luck with the DEA

Thank you everyone.

I cannot begin to tell you how good this feels. All I have done my life is fight for an aspiration that has beckened to me, through paying for my own education, hardwork, constantly working at it, etc., etc. And I have finally accomplished it. But I now have the task of working hard for the DEA and obtaining as much knowledge, skills, and abilities as I can.

For anyone out there that is losing hope....DON'T. You never know when your application may be the winner. I had countless rejections before I finally got my oportunity.

Also, many of you should consider the DEA. Everyone that I have dealt with has been just wonderful. Very methodical, organized, answering any questions that I had, and keeping me informed.

My EOD date is December 6!!!!!
    "From whence comes the purpose of a person's life?.....Come it by chance, a casting of the lot, or does a call of destiny beckon to each of us?"
    Mordecai

Congrats Kristin! I know its been a long road!
    I conclude that no circumstances exist that would permit Congress, in contravention of the Constitution's Bill of Attainder Clause, to prohibit non-registered males age twenty-six and older from federal employment for their lifetime without judicial decision making - U.S. District Judge Douglas P. Woodlock; Jan 26, 2009

Thank you!

I received my orders from the DEA yesterday via FedEx!!!

I am so excited!!!!!!!
    Mordecai

LOL Have you slept yet since getting the news?
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -- Martin Luther King
    "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me."