Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lig27 Guest

ATF Industry Operations Investigator

Does anybody know what is going on with the ATF IOI positions? My background interview was completed in December 2009. I know the budget is still in question, but has anybody heard anything in terms of whether there will still be any FLETC classes for these positions this year?

AKplus7 Guest

IOI Basic Training

Hi, I am in the same boat as you. I applied for the ATF IOI announcements back in 10/2008 and I had my interview in June 2009 and background check & drug test completed by September 2009. I have not heard anything other than I made the best qualified list.
    I have been notified that there are three IOI basic training classes scheduled for this year (2010). Here are the dates of the 3 classes:
    1- March 15, 2010 - May 7, 2010
    2- May 11, 2010 - July 6, 2010
    3- July 13, 2010 - Sept. 13, 2010

I have not been notified or given a formal job offer and can only assume with the 1st class four weeks away that I did not make it into that one. One of my Supervisor friends heard a rumor that ATF was given funds to hire 45 IOI's for the Southwest border and that the people willing to move to those locations will be put through basic training first. That is only a rumor and I have no way to confirm or deny it. I would love to know if anyone that applied for the Investigator job posting back in October 2008 have gotten offers yet?
    Last edited by AKplus7; 02-18-2010 at 15:51.

AK you are correct that three acadamies have been scheduled for this year. The first academy class for this year will be the second academy under the 2008 announcement.
    They normally call approximately 6 weeks prior to the start of the academy.
    Good luck...
    'I got my Cat Scratch Fever eight track, my best friend's in a gun rack...'

The newly hired will not be going to the SW border.

AKplus7 Guest
    NARC005,

Are you an ATF employee or have you been called to attend the class? Do you know if the second or third class this year will contain people from the 2008 announcement? I am a current ATF employee and applied under that announcement.

lig27 Guest

Good News/Bad News

I received a call last Friday offering a position in one of nine locations. Five locations in Texas, Oklahoma City, Yuma, AZ, Las Vegas, & Seattle. I was given until today to accept or decline and told I would need to report to FLETC on March 15th.

Unfortunately, I had to decline the offer. I was hoping for a offer in Southern California, but was told there are no vacancies. I cannot make the move now with my mortgage, kids in school, wife's job, etc.

I was also told this was a one shot deal and my declining the offer would mean I would have to re-apply again for future consideration. A little frustrating to be in the process for fifteen months, but I do understand it is the needs of the agency first, and unfortunately for me it did not work out. The good news for those of you still under consideration, they are moving forward. Good luck to those of you still in the process.

lukeaustin, i believe the majority of those hired will be going to the southwest boarder...

lig, what Texas cities were you offered? Sorry you had to decline!
    Last edited by NARC005; 02-26-2010 at 22:24.

lig27 Guest
    The five Texas cities were Dallas, El Paso, Ft. Worth, Lubbock, & Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by lig27 View Post
    The five Texas cities were Dallas, El Paso, Ft. Worth, Lubbock, & Tyler.
    In my opinion (location is, of course, a very subjective matter), if you eliminate Hell Paso, that is a great list of locations. All places I would not mind living.
    Gonzo

"You're about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!" - Patches O'Houlihan

I agree with Gonzo, all pretty decent locations..especially once you take El Paso out of the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by NARC005 View Post
    lukeaustin, i believe the majority of those hired will be going to the southwest boarder...

lig, what Texas cities were you offered? Sorry you had to decline!
    They are not supposed to be. The majority of the next few classes are supposed to be going to anywhere but the SW border.

lig was only offered 2 non SW border locations...

Quote Originally Posted by NARC005 View Post
    lig was only offered 2 non SW border locations...
    I know, and that was not how hiring was supposed to go. Way too many understaffed offices to keep putting bodies down on the border.

I received a call today regarding the IOI position. They would like to interview me next week. I applied to the 2008 announcement.
    You keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
    Stay between the udder and the hock, it's a
    belly option on 2 on 2 Ready! Hut Hut!!
    Holy Schnikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukeaustin View Post
    I know, and that was not how hiring was supposed to go. Way too many understaffed offices to keep putting bodies down on the border.
    That is what I heard when I interviewed with a district director of IOI operations, he said his location was very short.