Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Cool ISP Officers In New Jersey

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the ISP program in New Jersey and how it works, I had an interview with them about a week or so ago for a graduate assistant internship through my school's criminal justice department, I have some basic information about them but I was wondering if anyone has some more info about them

badger Guest
    ISP is a good internship. I have worked as a PO in Camden for 7 yrs. and ISP is tough to get into. Those guys make like 70,000.00 after 5 yrs or so. The downside for you though is you need PO experience for like 5yrs before you can get in. It would not hurt you though. Good luck.

hey, thanks for the advice and all. I just got the call today that my background investigation was all completed and that they are offering me a job in the newark branch. I am pretty psyched because I did hear it was a good internship to have. If you could add any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. By the way to become a PO in NJ is that civil service. How do you get hired.

badger Guest
    You have to take the civil service test. They hired last year without it, but that was a one time deal. They say they are not hiring because of budget cuts. That will not last though. Starting
    pay is at 32,000.00 now. Not bad. I started at 22,000 7yrs ago.