Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

How long does it take to hear back after you have sent in application?

Hello,

I just applied for the FBI SA position online at the end of August. I still haven't heard back. Has anyone else heard? Does this mean my application was rejected? How long does it usually take to hear back? Lastly, should I call to follow up?

Thanks!

While I have no direct info about the online app you mentioned. One month would be a pretty quick turrn around for any agency, especially a large one like the FBI. In general the first rule about applying for FLE jobs is about the time you have completely forgotten you even applied you will be invited to attend the next step of the process. A little tongue-in-cheek but only a little.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by JimSpoor View Post
    One month would be a pretty quick turrn around for any agency, especially a large one like the FBI.
    Agreed, a month is just a "blink of the eye" in 1811/federal LE applications. I worked for a smaller 1811 agency than FBI, and it still took about 6 months from the time I mailed in my application to when I heard back from them for the written test.

Don't call, let them call you, especially now with the new fiscal year beginning (and I'm sure this year will be like last year with no approved budget for a while and continuing resolutions, which hold up training/hiring). Best advice I was given when trying to get into federal LE was "no news is good news" and "try to live your life as if you never applied, but be ready when you hear from them again," the process is a lesson in patience if nothing else.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it." -Chinese proverb

Thank you both for the input!