Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Background Investigation for ICE position!

I recently received notification from a friend of mine that a background Investigator has gone to his house and left a card / note stating they need to speak to him regarding a position that I applied for. The question is, how long does the background investigation will take? Please note that I have waited for more than two years to even get to this point. Any help will be appreciated in regards to what I should expect.

By the way, I am new this site and is my first post.

Welcome to the Forums. Please take the time to review the rules of the forum and then strap in for a good ride.

Now to your question: While there is no definite timeline for how long a background can take for an individual candidate rest assured that the BI investigators usually have tight turn around times for their cases. Which means that while the BI may take a long time to be processed and moved to the next step; the fact that an investigator is actively interviewing folks on your application means that in fairly short order and that report will be going forward. You have to look at the bright side. After two years you now know that your application is still in the pipeline and moving forward at the typical federal pace. Have faith and enjoy the forums.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan

Thanks for the quick response! After a couple of years without anything happening it just gets disheartning when nothing seems to be going on. I just hope I don't have to wait another couple of years. I have received a couple of emails basically stating I was dead in the water then suddenly this springs up.

Here is an email I received a few months a go. "At this time hiring for all Immigration Enforcement Agent positions has been placed on hold. The vacancy announcement you responded to made reference to the Federal Career Intern Program (FCIP) hiring authority. As of March 1, 2011, the Office of Personnel management is no longer allowing agencies to use FCIP to hire applicants"