Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

FBI Special Agent Applicant Thread 11/21/2011

A clean slate.

"You're about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!" - Patches O'Houlihan

Anyone concerned about the Budget curtailing any further hiring?

Quote Originally Posted by erogers View Post
    Anyone concerned about the Budget curtailing any further hiring?
    I would have to say yes. Reading this and other forums it seems a lot of processes have stalled. At least I know mine has. I was asked to send in paperwork and was told the meet and greet would be in one to two weeks. Its been a month and a half and still no word. At least the ICE process is moving along..

Anyone have an idea when they will start accepting new applications?

Hi all! Applied mid September and just passed Phase 1 yesterday. In the email congratulating me for passing it mentions to be on the look out for a M&G email. It doesn't mention anything about submitting a passing PFT score. Should I wait for someone to contact me? I don't have an email address or contact to submit a passing PFT score anyways.

Also, is the M&G another elimination round? Do I need to wear a suit and tie, and shave my goatee? Or save that for Phase II?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dou2ble View Post
    Hi all! Applied mid September and just passed Phase 1 yesterday. In the email congratulating me for passing it mentions to be on the look out for a M&G email. It doesn't mention anything about submitting a passing PFT score. Should I wait for someone to contact me? I don't have an email address or contact to submit a passing PFT score anyways.

Also, is the M&G another elimination round? Do I need to wear a suit and tie, and shave my goatee? Or save that for Phase II?

Thanks!
    Didn't you have to wear a suit and tie for the phase I? I know I did.

When would you ever meet and greet a prospective employer without wearing a suit and tie?

As for the goatee, I personally would shave it, but I guess if it's neatly trimmed, it should not be an issue.

ICE per DBrasco

DBrasco

What have you heard from ICE? I have put in to for their 1811 more times than I can count and havent ever gotten far than the test. I took and passed the test with a 96 three years ago and havent seen and CI/SA positions since. I have even applied under GS4 OA positions just to get a foot in but my lack of clerical experience is holding that off. I was blown away to see how far and easily I have moved along on the FBI track after so much difficulty with ICE.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmain View Post

When would you ever meet and greet a prospective employer without wearing a suit and tie?

As for the goatee, I personally would shave it, but I guess if it's neatly trimmed, it should not be an issue.
    I waited a month to check on my status after passing phase 1 and they asked me to fax in a PFT. According to them the faxed in PFT doesn't need to be passing or a high score. It only needs to demonstrate that you are working on it and will be able to pass the actual PFT in the next few months.

I would call them and check if you don't hear anything in a few weeks. Also definitely go with the suit and tie for the MG.

Moving Along! Had my PSI yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by chasmain View Post

I knew the Phase 1 was at a proctored location so I went in my work clothes (business casual). Here on the west coast its common in IT to not wear a tie to interviews. Us IT folks consider jeans or khakis and a polo to be business casual. lol!

I agree with you on the goatee....just wanted to hear others opinion.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MADxMAC771 View Post
    I waited a month to check on my status after passing phase 1 and they asked me to fax in a PFT. According to them the faxed in PFT doesn't need to be passing or a high score. It only needs to demonstrate that you are working on it and will be able to pass the actual PFT in the next few months.

I would call them and check if you don't hear anything in a few weeks. Also definitely go with the suit and tie for the MG.
    Definitely will for the M&G. Who did you call? I haven't received any phone #'s yet. Thanks!

Call your FO and ask for the applicant coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by MADxMAC771 View Post
    Call your FO and ask for the applicant coordinator.
    Thanks! I'm processing out of San Diego. So I guess I can just grab their number off the fbi website and ask for the AC.

Yep. Should be that simple. It goes without saying, don't blow their phone up or anything but don't be afraid to check in every once in a while. Keep in mind that around 100k applicants went in on the recent announcements and around half or more passed phase 1. The ACs definitely have their plates full.

I wonder what specific criteria decides ones competitive level. I'm hoping I get into high since I'm a veteran, have 10 years of IT experience, and always maxed out my PFT in the Army.

Is there any info, aside from the fbi site, on this?