Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tasers who doesn't have them? Why ? We don't have them.

Just wondering who doesn't have Tasers, And do you want them, what is the reason you guys don't have them and have you guys tried to get them?

We Don't have them and I don't see us getting them anytime soon. Working for a political office has it's draw backs and this is one of them, We Patrol a 1,100 Sq mile area and back up can be a long ways away A Taser sure would be a nice addition.
    GLOCK 22,23, 27, 3rd Gen's Glock 22 dept issue 4th Gen
    BUSHMASTER AR-15 A3 20 INCH H/BAR,
    BUSHMASTER M4,RRA PRO SERIES GOVERNMENT AR15

Tasers seem like a no brainier to me as long as the guys are trained right and don't use it against Deadly force. It seems that it would save a lot of officer injury, I have watch the other agency's around here with them pull them out and the guy usually gets with the program pretty quick.
    GLOCK 22,23, 27, 3rd Gen's Glock 22 dept issue 4th Gen
    BUSHMASTER AR-15 A3 20 INCH H/BAR,
    BUSHMASTER M4,RRA PRO SERIES GOVERNMENT AR15

I am at a smaller agency in north east Kansas. We touch Kansas City Kansas on one side and are 11 miles east of Lawrence KS. We have definitely had our share of experiences where a Tazer would have been a great tool to have. Wednesday I used almost an entire can of Sabre Red on a guy before he started to be compliant. A Tazer would have been instant compliance.

We are getting them but its a long road for us. With 2011 budget cutbacks and possibly more this year it could be a while. Every agency around us has them. In the beginning my agency felt there was too much liability but with education of the Tazers came approval from my agaency. Its just a waiting game right now. By the way I heard someone is making shirts that look similar to Under Armor that actually defeat the Tazer and even a dry stun from the Tazer.