Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Retired ATF agent, Greg Holley Sr., killed in VA

WOODBRIDGE, Va. -
    A Woodbridge man is facing first-degree murder charges after police say he shot and killed a retired ATF agent out walking his dog Wednesday night.

Investigators say Greg Holley Sr. had just left a class at the New Life Anointed Ministries Church. He was shot and killed steps from home.

An off-duty Prince William County police officer spotted the suspect running from the scene. He took him into custody after a brief struggle. 25-year-old Aric Alexander Smith is being held without bond.

A stolen gun, believed to be the murder weapon, was recovered. Investigators also found some of Holley's personal items on the suspect.

Holley retired from the AFT in 2009 after assignments in Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit, where he was the Special Agent in charge. He and his wife have four sons, ages 18 to 25.

In a statement, the family said, "Greg's life work was about fighting violent crime, and unfortunately it was violent crime that took his life."

Holley's church has set up a memorial Facebook page for condolences and words of support for Holley's wife and four sons.

Read more: Retired ATF agent, Greg Holley Sr., killed while walking his dog - DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG

R.I.P. brother.
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I won't back down... Tom Petty

From this day to the ending of the world.... We in it shall be remembered. We gallant few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me. Shall be my brother.Shakespeare