Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

BOP Conditional job offer. In serious need of some advice

Today, I received an email with a conditional job offer for BOP in Florence. Here is my dilemma; When I was 19 I was at a friends house and I mistook a white powder for powdered sugar. We were in the kitchen so I didn't think much of it until I tasted it. It turned out to be cocaine. I have smoked marijuana once in my life and I have never done anything since. I applied for the local PD and I told them what had happened with the cocaine and I was DQ'd. I applied for the BOP and got an interview. While I was in my integrity interview, I told them the story and he said he appreciated my honesty but not to say anything during my interview for my BI. I am really stuck on what to do because the integrity packet says that I have not tried any illicit drugs other than the marijuana the one time. If I tell them what happened and that it was unintentional it will look like I lied on my Integrity test. I don't know if the BI can look up the job application for the police department I applied for or not. I really feel like I was put in a crappy spot and I just don't know what to do at this point. I go in for my UA and physical next week, I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on the matter.

Looking through your bank records & garbage..
    OK, I'll take the bait, with two slightly different thoughts.

First: Merely READING "I thought it was powdered sugar, so I ate it, and imagine my surprise when I learned that it was cocaine" makes me glaze over the same way I do when some mope tries to explain that these aren't his pants. Seriously, dude?

Second: If the form asks about drug use within x years or under y circumstances, and you used within x years or under y circumstances, then the only proper answer is "Yes." There's a place on the form to explain the specifics.

If a BOP employee is counseling you to do otherwise, they're engaging in serious and possible criminal misconduct.

Answer truthfully, provide your explanation, and let the chips fall where they're going to fall.

If your friends routinely leave cocaine sitting around.. just sitting around.. no wrapping.. nothing.. get better friends.

If you routinely eat stuff you see sitting around... just sitting around... develop a REALLY discerning sense of smell. Or at least learn to recognize roach powder.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisNJ View Post
    OK, I'll take the bait, with two slightly different thoughts.

First: Merely READING "I thought it was powdered sugar, so I ate it, and imagine my surprise when I learned that it was cocaine" makes me glaze over the same way I do when some mope tries to explain that these aren't his pants. Seriously, dude?

Second: If the form asks about drug use within x years or under y circumstances, and you used within x years or under y circumstances, then the only proper answer is "Yes." There's a place on the form to explain the specifics.

If a BOP employee is counseling you to do otherwise, they're engaging in serious and possible criminal misconduct.

Answer truthfully, provide your explanation, and let the chips fall where they're going to fall.

If your friends routinely leave cocaine sitting around.. just sitting around.. no wrapping.. nothing.. get better friends.

If you routinely eat stuff you see sitting around... just sitting around... develop a REALLY discerning sense of smell. Or at least learn to recognize roach powder.
    x10 Not much more to add.
    "There is no second place winner"-- Bill Jordan