Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

I would appreciate some advice if possible.

I am scheduled to take a preliminary test for 911 dispatch position with our local sheriff dept. I have passed this test several times, and was interviewed on my last successfull attempt after passing an additional typing test.

My concern is I somehow messed up my interview. Several deputies I know asked and told me it was my medical history. The only issue I ever had was an old knee injury and that was my answer when asked why I was not going into police work.

I'm lost as to how an old knee problem could cost me a job. I'm not trying to crystal ball, but if anyone could give me some advice for my next attempt I would appreciate it.

Based on the info you've provided that doesn't make much sense. If I were you I would contact the department and ask to speak with the appropriate person to get an explanation. Or if you get to the interview step again this go around, ask then.
    MrJim911

Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But maybe time is also a companion who goes with us on our journey, and reminds us to cherish the moments of our lives because they will never come again.

I tried to get an answer, for almost 2 weeks, no response or returned calls. That's why I asked someone I knew in the dept.

That was over a year ago, I missed the last two chances to apply, so I doubt they would remember me. They tend to hire twice a year, not sure if that is considered high turnover.

I think they are hiring some new supervisors so some things may of changed since I last applied.

Appreciate the response.