Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rich, Pls tell me they didn't replace the CG insignia w/ the DHS insignia in the cox'n pin...
    Stay safe!

FedAgent

Quote Originally Posted by FedRich View Post
    Yesterday, 15m/3.1m Brick in prep for first sprint+ triathlon.
    Sorry, not sure what this means. Can you break it down?

Brick = bike followed by run, so 15 miles on the bike, transition to running shoes, followed by 3.1 mile (5k) run. The + is for the bike portion which for this particular race is 33 miles, almost 3 times a normal sprint tri bike distance of 12.4 miles. My typical workout is CrossFit main site WOD (scaled) with running mixed in.

Fed, my avatar is the FLETC Marine LE Training Program pin; kind of a amalgamation of the USCG cox'n and PSU pins. Lots of ex-Coasties running around that program .

50 push ups, max effort pillups, 50 air squats, max effort dips, stretch..Swim 2200 yards-500 warm up, 500 kick, 500 pull, 5x100s 15 second rest interval (130 target), 200 cool down,

Roger that, Rich. Thx!
    Stay safe!

FedAgent

Quote Originally Posted by FedRich View Post
    Brick = bike followed by run, so 15 miles on the bike, transition to running shoes, followed by 3.1 mile (5k) run. The + is for the bike portion which for this particular race is 33 miles, almost 3 times a normal sprint tri bike distance of 12.4 miles. My typical workout is CrossFit main site WOD (scaled) with running mixed in.

Fed, my avatar is the FLETC Marine LE Training Program pin; kind of a amalgamation of the USCG cox'n and PSU pins. Lots of ex-Coasties running around that program .
    Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I've been slacking on the upper body stuff recently. I figure I'll get back in the gym when it turns cold again and build back up. I've just been doing some runs and bike rides.

Yesterday was a windy 5k with one decent hill at the end. I finished in 17:20/ 5:34 min per mile. Not a PR but I was ok with it. Cheers to everyone for keeping this thread going. It provides me with motivation to get out there and work hard.

Typical "gym rat" workout yesterday with an emphasis on "functional movements"- pull ups, back extensions, lat pull downs, rows, etc. Last I did an ab-workout 3 sets of 100 flutter kicks, 100 scissors, 100 bicycle crunches.

Think I'm gonna go out for BORSTAR next year so it's time to focus on my swimming. I have advanced-elite numbers for my main lifts, solid running numbers, but atrocious swim times. It's gonna be a long year.