Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Polygraph Drug Use

Hey all

I've been going through the process of becoming a dispatcher and got the conditional offer for the job and went in for the polygraph today and told then I've done pot once in the last year. The detective told me it may disqualify me but it wasn't his decision. Everything else in the polygraph and background check went great and I was told I was the top candidate. I haven't touched it since and would pass the drug test. I was wanting some opinions if I will still get the job or not?

Thank you

What is the hiring agency's policy on drug use? You should know that when applying. You'll probably be able to answer your own question, since we don't know it.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

I'm going to close this as a crystal ball question. What we think will happen regarding the unknown policy of an unknown agency isn't going to affect the outcome. Also I believe I can summarize the opinions you will receive. You used an illegal drug within one year of applying for a public safety position. The detective was letting you down as lightly as possible.
    ret.