Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Tactical Research Boots - Mini Mil

I run wearing Merrel Trail Glove minimalist shoes. I am thinking about purchasing the Tactical Research MiniMil boots. Anyone have experience with the brand and or that particular boot?

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Tactical Research MiniMil boots. Here is what I found:
    Appear to be true to size, wide toe box (not a wide shoe size, just lots of room for your toes). After wearing them for a full day I can say these are very comfortable boots.

There is a couple of warnings that comes with them. The literature states that they are not for load bearing work, so I guess no ruck marching (which is OK cause I haven't ruck marched in 10 years) and the same warning that comes will all minimalist shoes: If you aren't used to them, don't wear them a full shift right out of the box.

Nice find! I have owned a lot of military boots in my career and the most notable ones were the Nikes. I have a love for minimals ever since I got permanent stress fractures in my feet from ruck marching. Although these boots wouldn't be good for rucks, they would help with foot fatigue and posture like other minimals (I assume). I look forward to hearing how you like them once they're broken in!