Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    ok which locations did you choose usmcvet98? I am trying to gauge whether or not they are trying to fill positions according to locations or not? I applied and I am still at the application received stage and have heard nothing since the announcement closed. I called the contact person on the announcement and never got an answer i sent a email and never got a reply, the only info i get is through this forum. So thanks for the info you have provided and keep it coming as you get it.

i applied for all of NC and virginia. i am not sure what logic they are using to fill their positions but in my experience with the federal government they are going to fill where the need for bodies is greatest. I have been reading around some atf budgeting proposals for this current fiscal year and they expect a large number of investigators to retire soon as the same goes for the agents hence why they are looking for such a large number of investigators.

What locations did you apply?

don't feel bad about not hearing anything back from ATF. getting in touch with the P.O.C. for the announcement is very difficult. typical MO.

Tampa, Orlando and Tallahassee.

I applied for all of the Florida Locations. Tampa or Orlando preferable.

Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by scully View Post
    I applied for all of the Florida Locations. Tampa or Orlando preferable.
    Has anyone heard anything as of yet? Any movement or anything....

I am new to the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal35 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything as of yet? Any movement or anything....
    But I just got a call this afternoon for an interview

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by Chief3369 View Post
    I didn't get a call but I got a email today saying the places I chose to work we're not high priority areas but they were making plans to get positions filled there. I chose montgomery, atlanta, and Macon I believe. What areas did you select? I also found it strange that they were spending more time emailing people repeatedly telling them they were disqualified than they did moving the processes along. But it is what it is I guess...

I have been scheduled for an interview for next week.
    I had selected Greenville, SC as my one and only location.

It has been 10 years since I last had to do an interview, I am assuming it is a panel, anyone know anything else? Someone had mentioned to me that there is also an essay, any truth to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosdad View Post
    I have been scheduled for an interview for next week.
    I had selected Greenville, SC as my one and only location.

It has been 10 years since I last had to do an interview, I am assuming it is a panel, anyone know anything else? Someone had mentioned to me that there is also an essay, any truth to that?
    from what i understand it is a panel interview and a test of some sort. i believe the test is given before the interview. if you don't pass the test you don't interview. further, i hear the test is nothing to worry about... but i have not taken it and everyone has diff ideas of what is a easy test or hard. some people freeze up on test as i do but nevertheless good luck and i wish you all the luck and success in the world. keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal35 View Post
    from what i understand it is a panel interview and a test of some sort. i believe the test is given before the interview. if you don't pass the test you don't interview. further, i hear the test is nothing to worry about... but i have not taken it and everyone has diff ideas of what is a easy test or hard. some people freeze up on test as i do but nevertheless good luck and i wish you all the luck and success in the world. keep us posted
    I have been following this forum for a while now but have never joined. I just completed my interview. The test is simple and the writing sample is easy. I was even told that I aced the interview. Then I was punched in the face with the fact that ATF was planning on filling approximately 78 positions. They got budgeted for like 26. Almost all of those positions will be located near the boarder. So, those who put in for Texas, Arizona, and maybe Louisiana may have a shot. I was told 2000 applicants and 240 interview were offered. I was even told by the interviewer some people had to travel hours for their interview but my panel drove down to conduct the interviews locally. They said I should hear something in a month or so, basically telling me I was not selected because of my location choices. They said I could be offered another location but the locations I submitted were low priority on staffing needs. I hope to continue to hear from others and how it works out. I will post my results once given. Also they said once this is done you have to reapply they do not hold applicatants on waiting list or anything. It goes by posting once that posting is complete they start a new pool for the next posting. So keep your eye out for any IOI position postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief3369 View Post
    IT appears this forum and the one on Federal Soup seem to have simular members. I saw that several people indicated that the interview results needed to be to DC by February 1st. Well I find this weird in that I interviewed two days prior to that cut off. I know you could overnight the result but that seems a little close. If you look back at prior posting it appears this process is moving quicker than older timelines. I do want to share that they did indicate to me that they have began to notice all interviewers with a e-mail indicating selection or not. They indicated they had previous recieved complaints from applicants on not being noticed after interviews. They indicated 30 days and the people who were interviewed whould be noticed, this appears to be a good pace for 240 interviews. I put in for St. Louis and Metro East area. Anyone else on this forum get a interview from the Chicago or KC office. Just looking at number of interviews given in this area. Not that it means anything.

Interview deadlines are very important, but issues like weather can affect meeting them and there is usually some flexibility around an interviewing office getting an extension on that deadline. Those are more like target dates within ATF and you don't need to worry about them in terms of your application. If they call you for an interview, just schedule it, prepare for it and make it.
    ret.

Has anyone heard anything since the interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by ATF SAC View Post
    Interview deadlines are very important, but issues like weather can affect meeting them and there is usually some flexibility around an interviewing office getting an extension on that deadline. Those are more like target dates within ATF and you don't need to worry about them in terms of your application. If they call you for an interview, just schedule it, prepare for it and make it.

Looks like the selections are out. I did not get a notice so I guess that is it. It was posted on the Federal Soap forum. Congrats to those who got selected. I would love to hear the locations which were filled. I really want to know if someone was selected out of the Chicago office.

Hey all
    I also noticed the post on fed soup, has anyone received an email notifying you of not being selected?
    They should be sending those as well, if you have not received one, does that mean you are still on the list ? My understanding was they were to fill the larger locations first then the secondary ones.
    FEDMAN. stay hopeful, you may yet receive something. You know how the Feds are, hurry up and wait!