Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikosdad View Post
    Hey all
    I also noticed the post on fed soup, has anyone received an email notifying you of not being selected?
    They should be sending those as well, if you have not received one, does that mean you are still on the list ? My understanding was they were to fill the larger locations first then the secondary ones.
    FEDMAN. stay hopeful, you may yet receive something. You know how the Feds are, hurry up and wait!
    Nikosdad
    It appears out of everyone on these forums only one person has been selected. I heard from one person within these forums who also selected the same areas as I and they did not even recieve an interview. My guess, which is truely a guess is that they made the selection and will leave us out there until they see who turns them down and who may wash out due to initial back ground problems. Who knows anymore. I do have to admit I feel as if I need to just let this go and stop checking my e-mail three times a day and stay way from these forums. It is becoming consuming. Now I know what those people were like on Candy Crush.

Nikosdad I haven't gotten an approved or disapproved email either. Which would be the larger stations? I applied for Phoenix, Denver, Atlanta, Macon and Orlando.

I agree with you. I am about to stop looking as well. The anticipation is killing me

Quote Originally Posted by FEDMAN View Post
    Nikosdad
    It appears out of everyone on these forums only one person has been selected. I heard from one person within these forums who also selected the same areas as I and they did not even recieve an interview. My guess, which is truely a guess is that they made the selection and will leave us out there until they see who turns them down and who may wash out due to initial back ground problems. Who knows anymore. I do have to admit I feel as if I need to just let this go and stop checking my e-mail three times a day and stay way from these forums. It is becoming consuming. Now I know what those people were like on Candy Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by 5P4Life View Post
    Nikosdad I haven't gotten an approved or disapproved email either. Which would be the larger stations? I applied for Phoenix, Denver, Atlanta, Macon and Orlando.
    Just a little heads-up in this forum. It appears one person in all the forums was selected; however, the previous information provided that they made all the selections appears not to be the entire fact. It appears that HR has changed it's statement and now indicates they have not concluded selections. Take it for the lack of information it all is. Ready for a conclusion.

Hey all,
    I, like y'all, keep checking my email and can't stop. Going off past exp, they should be calling to offer the position and get confirmation. It's been a few years since I've gone thru the process and maybe it's changed. At the interview, I was told if I made it I would get a phone call and if not then they send an email. So, I am keeping my hopes up! Lol
    Last time I went thru this it took 9 mos and I was told I was one if the faster ones, others took a full year.

Just a little heads-up in this forum. It appears one person in all the forums was selected; however, the previous information provided that they made all the selections appears not to be the entire fact. It appears that HR has changed it's statement and now indicates they have not concluded selections. Take it for the lack of information it all is. Ready for a conclusion.
    Forgot to add that people are now indicating after speaking to HR they are conducting more interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by scully View Post
    Tampa, Orlando and Tallahassee.
    Scully....not to go into to many details but i think florida is a wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by MAPolice View Post
    Scully....not to go into to many details but i think florida is a wrap.
    Without going into details! Are you saying more offers have been sent out? In all of these forums I have only seen one person come out saying they were selected. If you know more, it is only fair to state that more selections have been offered so we all have an idea about how this process has been moving. All details not needed.

Without going into details! Are you saying more offers have been sent out? In all of these forums I have only seen one person come out saying they were selected. If you know more, it is only fair to state that more selections have been offered so we all have an idea about how this process has been moving. All details not needed.
    Correction: "If you know more, it is only fare to state" sorry not "Fair" but it is almost summer. LOL

What I will say in this forum is, if someone was selected three months ago and did not cut the mustard, you will have additional contact as HR searches for replacements. Hence the reason you hear about new offers. In addition to this I would focus my efforts on learning when they start to class-up these few selected persons. If the classing of students took place in the spring you can expect to start hearing, if they are willing to share, how far they are in the process. As for Florida they were not approved to hire new IOIs. From what I know so far is that no "one" person knows for sure they have a spot. Some people including myself may have received a letter asking them if they would be "interested" in a specific location, but I think with no class-up date set in stone, it's hard to contact people and tell them they are hired; when the first thing you must do is Industry Operations Investigator Basic Training ( IOIBT ). You may get a 1 month notification at most. At least it could be 2 weeks. Other then this we wait to get hired....those of you who served understand the "Hurry-up and Wait" game we play in the government. So stand by for standing by!

More specifically: ATF initiated a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority (VERA)/Voluntary Separation Incentive
    Program (VSIP) resulting in the loss of 164 positions, including 34 special agents and 37 IOIs.
    ATF also lost 93 technical, professional, and administrative positions. To ensure that critical
    administrative and oversight functions are maintained, special agents have been pulled away
    from operational duties to cover these responsibilities.

More specifically: ATF initiated a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority (VERA)/Voluntary Separation Incentive
    Program (VSIP) resulting in the loss of 164 positions, including 34 special agents and 37 IOIs.
    ATF also lost 93 technical, professional, and administrative positions. To ensure that critical
    administrative and oversight functions are maintained, special agents have been pulled away
    from operational duties to cover these responsibilities.
    They posted like 76 openings for these positions. When I interviewed they indicated like 26 openings were what was going to be filled due to budget. Now is your information post budget. So they offered early out and had a great response. I know that the DOJ offered AUSA early buy outs and almost everyone nation wide got approved, that all came post budget.

Not everything they tell you is accurate. Read the Business Plan/ 2014 budget. Right now this hiring process may be a few positions you can't flood the agency with rookies so you have to space it out. If they conduct two shools of IOI's and two schools of Special Agents then they will be able to fill their voids this year. But if you "Read the Document" you will find there is more to come over the next few years. The language reads something like 50% of the agency is 50 and above. 57 is the mandatory retirement age. analyze the date and formulate your own opinions. Just made it to the next process. 95% through waiting on the rest of you to clear....

Just a heads up for those waiting to hear back from PSB, yesterday was a snow day in D.C. and no one was in the office. The office is very busy and is working on releasing specific details to you regarding the next steps. If you are like me, I started the count of five days on the day I received my email. I was advised they only work Monday - Friday. With Monday being a snow day that day will not count against you. do not release anything with out further information to do so.