Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 303
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37

    Update

    Quote Originally Posted by MAPolice View Post
    Just a heads up for those waiting to hear back from PSB, yesterday was a snow day in D.C. and no one was in the office. The office is very busy and is working on releasing specific details to you regarding the next steps. If you are like me, I started the count of five days on the day I received my email. I was advised they only work Monday - Friday. With Monday being a snow day that day will not count against you. do not release anything with out further information to do so.
    Just a quick update. Interviews and selections are still being conducted with a IOIBT class scheduled for June. Good luck.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigal35 View Post
    Just a quick update. Interviews and selections are still being conducted with a IOIBT class scheduled for June. Good luck.
    "60 days in the hole." Still not even a e-mail. I just had a second interview for a state position which is a significant hike in pay and job I wanted prior to working with the Federal Government. I think I will get a offer in two weeks but I don't want to always think "what if" regarding this ATF job. I just wish they would call the ball so I can move on.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37

    Still waiting...

    Quote Originally Posted by FEDMAN View Post
    "60 days in the hole." Still not even a e-mail. I just had a second interview for a state position which is a significant hike in pay and job I wanted prior to working with the Federal Government. I think I will get a offer in two weeks but I don't want to always think "what if" regarding this ATF job. I just wish they would call the ball so I can move on.
    Have you tried getting a status from headquarters since your interview? Worth a shot...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22
    Pull the trigger on that state job. It's the only certainty you will have. I'm still dealing with one issue. HR is being pressed to get people qualified. You may be on the bottom you may be in the middle but you were not on the top of the list of candidates. Unless by some miracle you are the next person picked you would need to start the background investigation pretty soon to be even cleared to start work in June if this is the actual class up date.

    Quote Originally Posted by FEDMAN View Post
    "60 days in the hole." Still not even a e-mail. I just had a second interview for a state position which is a significant hike in pay and job I wanted prior to working with the Federal Government. I think I will get a offer in two weeks but I don't want to always think "what if" regarding this ATF job. I just wish they would call the ball so I can move on.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigal35 View Post
    Have you tried getting a status from headquarters since your interview? Worth a shot...
    Started a couple weeks ago with a e-mail. Still no response. I called on Friday. I hope to hear today.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    6,370
    As frustrating as the wait can be, be thoughtful about calling HQ. From the FAQ posted on the ATF website:

    Industry Operations Investigator

    How can current industry operations investigator applicants find out the status of their application?
    Due to the large volume of applications processed by ATF, the Recruitment, Hiring and Staffing Center will be unable to assist with individual status checks. Applicants are considered to be in the hiring process unless they receive written notification that they are no longer under consideration.
    As noted in each industry operations investigator vacancy announcement, the ATF hiring process can be very lengthy. Applicants are forwarded through the hiring process on an as needed basis and not on any set schedule. Budget issues, staffing issues and previously existing pool(s) of applicants may significantly affect the time it takes to complete the hiring process.


    If you applied through USAjobs, be sure to check your status on that site. Sometimes changes there slip by folks. Often is is just a long process with the only news being a request for the applicant to file or do something additional, ending only with a thin letter saying thanks but no thanks or a call about a final job offer. Only comfort is the understanding is that the agency is usually dealing with hundreds if not thousands of applications for various positions and it takes time.
    Last edited by ATF SAC; 03-31-2014 at 15:31.
    ret.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    I received an email today with attachments that informed me that I was a leading candidate for the IOI position... FINALLY!!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22
    What was the location offered?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5P4Life View Post
    I received an email today with attachments that informed me that I was a leading candidate for the IOI position... FINALLY!!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    I'm afraid to say because of some sort of reprisal but I can say that it was not a coastal or border location.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by 5P4Life View Post
    I'm afraid to say because of some sort of reprisal but I can say that it was not a coastal or border location.
    Congratulations 5P4Life: You can still give info without giving a specific location. Was it a smaller area? I seen someone else just disclosed Kentucky. The reason I ask is that people have stated that the ATF will be picking the bigger location first and then moving to the smaller location. Did you have a Clearance status already? The other person said that the ATF was having him sign off on some of his security check because he had one done prior. This made it appear that they are rushing to get people ready for the June class.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 5P4Life View Post
    I received an email today with attachments that informed me that I was a leading candidate for the IOI position... FINALLY!!
    I received a email Friday stating the same with my fed ex package delivered to me today as well. It's slow moving but the wheels on the bus are still moving.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37
    They are filling the bigger areas first as I was told the same from HQ. I selected the georgia and alabama locations myself.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Yes it is a bigger midwest area and I also had to sign off on the Security Clearance background paperwork. I have had a Security Clearance for anbot 14yrs now so hopefully this speeds up the decision process. I have yet to receive my FedEx package though. I am going to call in case it has been misplaced.

    Quote Originally Posted by FEDMAN View Post
    Congratulations 5P4Life: You can still give info without giving a specific location. Was it a smaller area? I seen someone else just disclosed Kentucky. The reason I ask is that people have stated that the ATF will be picking the bigger location first and then moving to the smaller location. Did you have a Clearance status already? The other person said that the ATF was having him sign off on some of his security check because he had one done prior. This made it appear that they are rushing to get people ready for the June class.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by 5P4Life View Post
    Yes it is a bigger midwest area and I also had to sign off on the Security Clearance background paperwork. I have had a Security Clearance for anbot 14yrs now so hopefully this speeds up the decision process. I have yet to receive my FedEx package though. I am going to call in case it has been misplaced.
    5P4Life, was the area one in which you selected when you initial applied?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11
    Congrats to all who were selected. I interviewed for Atlanta and Macon last month. For anyone who applied to those areas I emailed HR and they responded back to me stating "They have identified leading candidates for those areas".


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •