Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    From speaking to HR, I believe calls are being made on a rolling basis.

Well news for anyone still waiting for a phone call. I was also a leading canidate in the North Eastern U.S. Region. Spoke to HR today and the class in june has been filled up. I did not receive a phone call. However I did ask if there would be another class and the girl told me in August. So there is still hope.

Today recieved a e-mail on my status change. Went from referred to Selecting Agency to recieved. I guess this means my application process if finally final. I am glad I took another job.

Question, I received my letter stating I was lead candidate for a city in KY as GS-7 the end of March. I meet with my background investigator about 2 weeks ago and my references had just revived calls on the 19th of May. I didn't receive an email but I checked my status and it changed to "received". When I click over to the ATF site under application status reads "Not w/i highest category to be reviewed/referred." Under comments states "Not within reach for GS-5/7 Tampa cert." I did apply for Tampa FL but only received notice as being leading candidate for one of my selections in KY. Anyone have any idea what this means? I'm going to try to get clarification from HR in the morning. Just trying to ease my mind so I can sleep tonight.

Sounds like the update applies to your Tampa application only. I would still ask HR, but I doubt that new information has anything to do with your KY application. Sleep well, you are probably fine.

Does anyone know when the June FLETC class ends roughly? I'm curious about the August class start date. Met with background investigator last week and he's meeting with everyone. Thanks in advance. Good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
    Question, I received my letter stating I was lead candidate for a city in KY as GS-7 the end of March. I meet with my background investigator about 2 weeks ago and my references had just revived calls on the 19th of May. I didn't receive an email but I checked my status and it changed to "received". When I click over to the ATF site under application status reads "Not w/i highest category to be reviewed/referred." Under comments states "Not within reach for GS-5/7 Tampa cert." I did apply for Tampa FL but only received notice as being leading candidate for one of my selections in KY. Anyone have any idea what this means? I'm going to try to get clarification from HR in the morning. Just trying to ease my mind so I can sleep tonight.
    Ok I got clarification from HR today. If you were selected for one duty you will receive a not referred update for each location you were not selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Does anyone know when the June FLETC class ends roughly? I'm curious about the August class start date. Met with background investigator last week and he's meeting with everyone. Thanks in advance. Good luck to all!
    I'm not sure when it ends but I was wondering this myself. If they start it the first day of a new pay period it could be Aug 10th or 24th.

Good guess Rockytop. I met with investigator three weeks ago and I know he's talked to about everyone. I think he's done. Itching to get word one way or the other. For folks who started in June: Did you report to Field Office for a full pay period before heading to FLETC? Did you go straight to FLETC? Excited to join everyone soon if I'm fortunate. Take care.

Looks like they posted a new IOI announcement today on USA Jobs, additional locations (89 total) with specific vacancies in each location. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcruce View Post
    Looks like they posted a new IOI announcement today on USA Jobs, additional locations (89 total) with specific vacancies in each location. Interesting...
    Wow, that's interesting. Not sure how that impacts folks who are still midstream. I'm starting to get a little nervous about the extensive travel with three young kids. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Ok everyone here is the update. Spoke directly with HR today. They gave me more info then I've gotten this entire process. The class starts August 19th. If you have not received a disqualification letter for any reason then you are still a canidate for the position. I was told to reapply anyways just in case. My background was done in April and haven't received a call yet. However the calls will more than likely start going out 30 days before the start date. This was when the calls were made for the June class. By the sound of what she said.......if you have completed the process pretty much you will get a call in August. Otherwise they would have told you by now that you were no longer in the process.

From the ATF website:

Due to the large volume of applications processed by ATF, the Recruitment, Hiring and Staffing Center will be unable to assist with individual status checks. Applicants are considered to be in the hiring process unless they receive written notification that they are no longer under consideration.
    As noted in each industry operations investigator vacancy announcement, the ATF hiring process can be very lengthy. Applicants are forwarded through the hiring process on an as needed basis and not on any set schedule. Budget issues, staffing issues and previously existing pool(s) of applicants may significantly affect the time it takes to complete the hiring process.
    Pretty typical in all of these forums to see the expression "No news is good news;" probably be more accurate to note that "No news is not bad news."

The amount and type of travel can vary significantly depending on where you have applied and is something to consider when choosing locations. It is not unusual for an IOI in some locations to be out of the office for extended periods, but it may be local travel from home to sites to be inspected and back home. Others may have large geographic areas of responsibility and overnight travel is to be expected. I recommend you look at the contact us link on the ATF page and the local offices link there. You can estimate the area to be covered and the location of ATF IOI offices in many of them. Always worth a call to an office you applied for and ask to speak to an IOI where you can see how it is going there with regard to the amount and type of travel.
    ret.

First time poster to this thread... I am a current FED LEO and have a question about this position, that I have not been able to find an answer to. Is promotion to 13 non-competitive? Or how does the process work? If I were to be hired as a 9... how long is the process from 9 to 13? Thanks.

It is non-competitive. That means that if your performance evaluations are adequate each year you would move up a GS level every year. If you started as a GS-9 the following year you would go to a GS-11 then 12 then 13. Doesn't get much better than that in the government.