Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Hey Bigal that's good to hear. Could you fill me in on your background? Law enforcement? Military? College degree?

Sure thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hey Bigal that's good to hear. Could you fill me in on your background? Law enforcement? Military? College degree?
    Former deputy sheriff, former police officer, veteran of the US Army, Masters in Criminology w/ minor in human services, and current Federal Employee.

Josey,
    Have you had your BI done yet from the new announcement or have you even started the hiring process?

Wow bigal that is an impressive resume. I wonder if I will make lead candidate with purely my 5.5 years in the Border Patrol and some college experience. I have many details and awards in the Border Patrol as well. Well see I guess. Good luck all.

It just closed so I'd say it'll be at least 6 months before anything comes from the new announcement. I'm going through the hiring process for the 2013 announcement. For those of you who are leading candidates, what pay grade are you being considered for? Also, any idea what BQMP means? I'm pretty familiar with usajobs and I've made the bq list for various jobs but I've never seen BQMP in a status.

Hurry up and wait

Quote Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
    It just closed so I'd say it'll be at least 6 months before anything comes from the new announcement. I'm going through the hiring process for the 2013 announcement. For those of you who are leading candidates, what pay grade are you being considered for?
    Well hopefully July is our month of good news. As mentioned in my earlier post hq said they have not made selections for the august class so hopefully we will be good and hear something soon... Just so long to get though the process.

Being considered for GS 7. Doesn't sit very well with me that they didn't offer a GS 9 in the conditional offer. More than qualified....HR BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
    It just closed so I'd say it'll be at least 6 months before anything comes from the new announcement. I'm going through the hiring process for the 2013 announcement. For those of you who are leading candidates, what pay grade are you being considered for? Also, any idea what BQMP means? I'm pretty familiar with usajobs and I've made the bq list for various jobs but I've never seen BQMP in a status.

Roc007 are you federally employed? If so what grade are you? I'm a GS12 step 2 and I applied for the 5-7-9

Quote Originally Posted by ROC007 View Post
    Being considered for GS 7. Doesn't sit very well with me that they didn't offer a GS 9 in the conditional offer. More than qualified....HR BS.
    Rocoo7, what is your background and education level?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal35 View Post
    Rocoo7, what is your background and education level?
    Bigal35,
    Current GS 12 with near ten years of federal time. I would be asked to take a HUGE pay cut if offered this position.
    In addition to that, I'm being considered for a location that was forth on my desired cities.
    So......huge payment cut and a location that I'm not very thrilled of....hmmm.

And, BS degree in Criminal Justice..

I'm sure that everyone applying has looked over the position carefully, and understands that this is not a law enforcement position nor has it ever been a stepping stone to a special agent position with ATF. Couldn't help noting the backgrounds with criminal justice education and experience. This is a great and important job on its own merits, on the civil and administrative side of things.
    ret.

Wink I'm content

Quote Originally Posted by ATF SAC View Post
    I'm sure that everyone applying has looked over the position carefully, and understands that this is not a law enforcement position nor has it ever been a stepping stone to a special agent position with ATF. Couldn't help noting the backgrounds with criminal justice education and experience. This is a great and important job on its own merits, on the civil and administrative side of things.
    Atf Sac,

I am totally satisfied with being a IOI should I actually get selected. At this point I have no desire in being a special agent. Im saying that now but who knows what will happen down the road. But I believe the position I applied for will be a good fit for me and my family along with the city I selected and have been tentatively selected for providing I get the call later this month. I have had my share of the law enforcement arena and believe I will do great on the admin side, especially with the grade and salary potential of the position and what I can and will bring to the table. I think my education and experience noted in my resume and that which I was able to speak about during my interview was impressive enough to the area director and supervisors that it lead me to being the leading candidate for the area selected. As a result, you are more than right in re-emphasizing what the position is and is not etc etc and think all of us should bear that in mind when and before applying. Thank you atf sac for your response.

Roc,
    May I ask what your background is? Seems odd they only offered you the 7 and not 9. I would definitely inquire if and when you are given a firm offer... But I wouldn't turn it down looking further down the road but again you know what is best for you and your family and no one else. Good luck to you and don't lose motivation.

Just an FYI everyone Customs Officer will be opening July 16th. Being a. Border Patrol Agent I have contact with many CBP Os. It's a pretty good job, pays to GS12 non competetive but you will be in a booth and stamping papers for hours at some point depending on where you go. Good luck in the job hunt guys. I'm still in the process with ATF and USSS and I will apply for CBP O when it opens.