Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    I cannot stress enough if you have not heard anything for a while and have gone through the entire process. Don't stress over someone not communicating every step of the way. No news is Great News!!!! Hats off to the HR department, who has had to deal with the retirements and the new hires all at the same time. I think we forget the arrangements that are made to clear and process everyone who is qualified. I believe there were over 100 hours alone just to process my application. Being a lead candidate with a MBA, a Masters in Project Management, and having an understanding of running an armory as a police officer, along with combat and high stress military service makes me the best person for this position because I just don't have LEO experience and that I understand this position is all about accountability and being a responsible investigator. It’s my eclectic sets of skills that will help me pay the bills. I hope to have the same caliber person working next to me, so good luck!!

Do you mean that they are doing selection just from the people who got there backgrounds completed? Or are they making selections for the people who never heard anyhting after the interview phase, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by surfski View Post
    Do you mean that they are doing selection just from the people who got there backgrounds completed? Or are they making selections for the people who never heard anyhting after the interview phase, or both?
    I mean if you have been offered a contingent position/ background/ adjudication/ more adjudication/ and have heard nothing so far you are more then likely in the runnings, and a good chance you will be offered soon. Letters that stated you were not qualified have gone out to those who are not being considered. If you have not heard back after all of this that is a good thing! just take a deep breath let the process play out. Stop checking the boards and worrying whether you are in or not.

I have not received a contingent offer. The last time I checked I was on the GS-9 brst qualified list. But have heard nothing in months.

Quote Originally Posted by surfski View Post
    I have not received a contingent offer. The last time I checked I was on the GS-9 brst qualified list. But have heard nothing in months.
    if you have not been contacted and identified as a leading candidate for a location under the 08/2013 announcement by this point chances are very good you will not be selected. Even though you made the BQ list you were not scored high enough to be a lead for your selected locations, however if something happened to the lead that disqualified them you may have a shot. If that was to happen I would be very impressed if your background check could be completely by the start date of the August class.

Calls for the August ATF IOI class are being made!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
    Calls for the August ATF IOI class are being made!
    Congrats to you if it was you who received the call.

Quote Originally Posted by MAPolice View Post
    Congrats to you if it was you who received the call.
    Thank you, it was indeed. I am very happy to have this waiting game over. Was told August 18th is my travel day and the 19th is day one.

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
    Thank you, it was indeed. I am very happy to have this waiting game over. Was told August 18th is my travel day and the 19th is day one.
    See you there rocky top..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigal35 View Post
    See you there rocky top..
    Looking forward to it Bkgal35, sent you a PM.

Received and replied.

Wow! Congrats guys! I applied to the recent opening so I'll hopefully be right behind you guys........well like 9 months behind.

Heisenberg, did the "referred" in your June 29th post mean you had been referred from the June 17th vacancy announcement? I applied to that most recent announcement and I'm still sitting in the "application received" stage. Does anyone out there with experience in this process know if they change status by location? I applied to a single location in a smaller city, which I assume is less priority than others. I'm a current (since 2009) GS-13 with another agency in another career field with two BS degrees (Criminal Justice & Political Science), a MA in progress, and Veteran status (deployments to Bosnia '99, Iraq '07). I also listed a friend who is an ATF SA in another state as a reference. He said the ATF places some degree of weight on internal references. I'd be taking about a 1/3 pay cut to take this position and moving back to my hometown out of pocket, but the career field is very appealing and the possibility of moving back "home" after being away so long is a factor.

Good morning eveyone, congrats to those who have received their calls. Has anyone been able to talk with HR or anyone else to see what the status for the remaining leading candidates is. Are they still in the process of making phone calls to those who have completed everything? Any info at all?

I haven't heard anything from HR about other calls. I know they have made calls for 2 locations in KY and 1 in GA. I was surprised to get the call this early. From what I understood the calls are normally made just about 30 days prior to the class date. I don't know why some of the calls went out so early but I wouldn't worry until after July 20th or so. If you have not received any thing stating your out by this point you should be good to go.