Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Am I okay?

Am I okay?

I'm a vet who is seeking a federal law enforcement job. Considering Marshals and possibly FBI.

I experimented with different drugs in high school and before I went into the military. Some pot, some cocaine here and there, mushrooms, and I did a few cycles of steroids. It was a long time since I tried any drugs, but about a year ago, I did another cycle of steroids, and I did coke a few times socially. A few months ago I got drunk and was offered mushrooms and believe I did it (don't really remember if I did or not).

I'm thinking I'd be able to pass the polygraph, but not really sure.

Can't speak to Marshals, but you're out of luck on FBI until at least 10 years from your last coke or steroids usage.

Looking through your bank records & garbage..
    I don't know if you're "okay," but you're probably disqualified from many LE jobs and probably aren't competitive for any.

Honestly, your question pretty much sounds like trolling. But assuming for a second that you're serious, "not competitive" means that even if you're a rock star with psychic crime detection abilities, chances are that you're competing with identically rock-starish and psychic-crime-detecting candidates who didn't (and don't continue to) make poor decisions.

If you are STILL serious, grow up some more, stop getting drunk, STOP USING ILLEGAL DRUGS, and be forthright when you apply. The chips will fall where they fall.

No, your NOT OK and I think you know that. You'll DQ on shrooms, coke, roids, etc.

Consider another line of work as your respect for the law doesn't see to be your strong point.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

"I got so drunk I can't remember if I took drugs but probably did" is a long way from okay and you need to find some help. You can look at agency drug policies here and on their sites and you just aren't going to fit in. More important that you take steps to ensure you are actually okay, but I doubt given what you describe you would not get as far as the polygraph, much less pass it.
    ret.

coke "here and there" ?

please seek another career field

Somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyly8 View Post
    I'm a vet who is seeking a federal law enforcement job. Considering Marshals and possibly FBI.

I experimented with different drugs in high school and before I went into the military. Some pot, some cocaine here and there, mushrooms, and I did a few cycles of steroids. It was a long time since I tried any drugs, but about a year ago, I did another cycle of steroids, and I did coke a few times socially. A few months ago I got drunk and was offered mushrooms and believe I did it (don't really remember if I did or not).

I'm thinking I'd be able to pass the polygraph, but not really sure.
    You are done, don't waste the time of anyone at the FBI, this history will round fill your application. I can assure you, most likely any other law enforcement agency as well. And in a lifestyle Poly, you would fail.

TT
    That is the law. . . according to the rules.