Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Immigration Services Officer 2013

I tried to revive an old thread on this topic but it was rejected.

Anyway, they are still posting announcements for this job from time to time. I applied to a recent announcement, we'll see what happens.

When I filled out the application on line, many of the qualifying questions had to do with call center experience... I guess that should give you a clue.

These ISO positions appear from time to time, and the nature of the job depends on the location for which you apply for. For example, at a field office, you will be processing immigration forms, interviewing people in the office etc. At the service centers, you will be processing forms that come to you in bulk. At the call center, (NY and LA), you will be tied to a desk taking phone calls from people who have questions about immigration system. It could be a good gov job, or a way in the gov system but not a law enforcement support position by any means, but you might like it and in some field offices, you could help and network with ICE folks. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaMilan View Post
    At the call center, (NY and LA), you will be tied to a desk taking phone calls from people who have questions about immigration system.
    ForzaMilan,thanks for the info. I certainly did not pick that up from the announcement, it wasnt until I started going through the questions on the application that it began to dawn on me. A 5/7/9 job in New York or LA would be a tough way to get in, but we'll see what happens!