Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OIG_Wanna_Be View Post
    ...but from my understanding OSI is one of the top most requested jobs for fresh officers in the Air Force, with very few available slots.
    I saw an article a few years back about specialty assignments for new Air Force 2LT's (or however they abbreviate). While there were a few OSI slots there I believe that almost all of them went to prior service enlisted AFOSI guys who went to OTS. Not saying that you couldn't get into AFOSI a few years later after starting out in Security Forces or something.

Army CID command does have commissioned officers, but they don't go to CITP. Somebody's got to be the commander... Yes they can stick warrants with command but at the higher echelons it must be MAJ/LTC. Maybe they get some kind of investigations familiarization course but as others have posted here, it is not a career track, and not something for junior officers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaglera View Post
    If you are interested in doing MI, id recommend you branch detail.
    Jeaglera, they werent doing details when I was a 2LT. Do you get to request a detail?

Some guys told me they did not get much out of their detail experience because their battalion commanders knew they were detailees and gave them crummy jobs (they didnt want to waste good LT jobs like Platoon Leader or company XO on an MI weenie). But other guys did not have this problem.

Obviously this has nothing to do with Federal Law Enforcement... but hey, its an internet forum

Quote Originally Posted by OIG_Wanna_Be View Post
    superjock,

I'd love to go that route, but from my understanding OSI is one of the top most requested jobs for fresh officers in the Air Force, with very few available slots. I'd love to shoot for it, but realistically the chance of me landing one of those spots as a new officer is slim to none.
    I know 2 guys who got it right out the gate bro. You won't know if you don't try. I have also seen many re-class for it when I was going through CITP. Air Force also has security forces and intel man. Army MI Corps is way over staff and unlike most branches instead of being a pyramid its rank structure is a diamond. MI needs little LTs.

Quote Originally Posted by superjock22 View Post
    ...instead of being a pyramid its rank structure is a diamond.
    That is very true and a good reason not to start out in MI.