Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGlock View Post
    Mine started a week late last year because the other intern hadn't finalized his BI yet.

I doubt they will extend your weeks, but I can't say for certain.

What do you mean by "other intern"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdw View Post
    What do you mean by "other intern"?
    There was another intern in my FO, and because his BI took longer than mine, I wasn't allowed to start yet.

Gotcha. This internship is for the D.C. Office so there are a couple hundred I bet. Just wish someone would give more info than "still pending".

Gotcha. This internship is for the D.C. Office so there are a couple hundred I bet. Just wish someone would give more info than "still pending".
    It is my understanding that you are guaranteed the full 10 weeks as that is what the offer is for and that is what the budget is allocated for, but I may be wrong.

The unfortunate part is that at this point we would be running into school starting in the fall. Hmmm...guess it's just a waiting game

Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    It is my understanding that you are guaranteed the full 10 weeks as that is what the offer is for and that is what the budget is allocated for, but I may be wrong.
    This is probably accurate, but as Cdw said, logistically most students will be back in school, so not sure how they would be able to continue full time.

Did not think of that, good point.

Can't imagine what the plan will be if there are only a few weeks left...but they were working on the BI still a little over a week ago.

P.S. Received start date of June 2 and pay info quite some time ago...then a message from HQ that it wouldn't be done by then....now we are half way through June. Yikes. Dr.Glock, how long does adjudication take? When the DC office called in the middle of the BI she said that she had a deadline of Jan 9. Not even sure what that means in the big picture?

P.S. Received start date of June 2 and pay info quite some time ago...then a message from HQ that it wouldn't be done by then....now we are half way through June. Yikes. Dr.Glock, how long does adjudication take? When the DC office called in the middle of the BI she said that she had a deadline of Jan 9. Not even sure what that means in the big picture?
    Sorry to hear that. I had worried about the timeline when I heard they were going to be announcing so late. For reference, I applied in October, was selected by late December, and had my BI adjudicated and finalized by late May (IIRC). Adjudication can take 3-6 months, IIRC, depending on individual factors within an applicant's background.

So you can imagine the difficulty faced in getting all of this done with 3 less months.

My guess is whoever was given your BI was told to have their portion of it done by Jan. 9th, but they may not have been responsible for the whole thing, which would account for the time disparity.

I know how frustrated I was to lose a week, so just try to hang in there.

What is IIRC?
    P.S. I said Jan 9 but I meant June 9.

What is IIRC?
    P.S. I said Jan 9 but I meant June 9.
    "If I Recall Correctly".

June 9th makes more sense. The investigator still has to send all of his or her findings to DC for them to have the final say, so hopefully you'll be good by next week.

Thanks so much for your insight. I really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your insight. I really appreciate it.
    No problem at all.