Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 328
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGlock View Post
    Mine started a week late last year because the other intern hadn't finalized his BI yet.

    I doubt they will extend your weeks, but I can't say for certain.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    What do you mean by "other intern"?

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdw View Post
    What do you mean by "other intern"?
    There was another intern in my FO, and because his BI took longer than mine, I wasn't allowed to start yet.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    Gotcha. This internship is for the D.C. Office so there are a couple hundred I bet. Just wish someone would give more info than "still pending".

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdw View Post
    Gotcha. This internship is for the D.C. Office so there are a couple hundred I bet. Just wish someone would give more info than "still pending".
    It is my understanding that you are guaranteed the full 10 weeks as that is what the offer is for and that is what the budget is allocated for, but I may be wrong.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    The unfortunate part is that at this point we would be running into school starting in the fall. Hmmm...guess it's just a waiting game

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    It is my understanding that you are guaranteed the full 10 weeks as that is what the offer is for and that is what the budget is allocated for, but I may be wrong.
    This is probably accurate, but as Cdw said, logistically most students will be back in school, so not sure how they would be able to continue full time.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    60
    Did not think of that, good point.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    Can't imagine what the plan will be if there are only a few weeks left...but they were working on the BI still a little over a week ago.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    P.S. Received start date of June 2 and pay info quite some time ago...then a message from HQ that it wouldn't be done by then....now we are half way through June. Yikes. Dr.Glock, how long does adjudication take? When the DC office called in the middle of the BI she said that she had a deadline of Jan 9. Not even sure what that means in the big picture?

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdw View Post
    P.S. Received start date of June 2 and pay info quite some time ago...then a message from HQ that it wouldn't be done by then....now we are half way through June. Yikes. Dr.Glock, how long does adjudication take? When the DC office called in the middle of the BI she said that she had a deadline of Jan 9. Not even sure what that means in the big picture?
    Sorry to hear that. I had worried about the timeline when I heard they were going to be announcing so late. For reference, I applied in October, was selected by late December, and had my BI adjudicated and finalized by late May (IIRC). Adjudication can take 3-6 months, IIRC, depending on individual factors within an applicant's background.

    So you can imagine the difficulty faced in getting all of this done with 3 less months.

    My guess is whoever was given your BI was told to have their portion of it done by Jan. 9th, but they may not have been responsible for the whole thing, which would account for the time disparity.

    I know how frustrated I was to lose a week, so just try to hang in there.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    What is IIRC?
    P.S. I said Jan 9 but I meant June 9.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdw View Post
    What is IIRC?
    P.S. I said Jan 9 but I meant June 9.
    "If I Recall Correctly".

    June 9th makes more sense. The investigator still has to send all of his or her findings to DC for them to have the final say, so hopefully you'll be good by next week.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    21
    Thanks so much for your insight. I really appreciate it.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdw View Post
    Thanks so much for your insight. I really appreciate it.
    No problem at all.


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •