Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    I applied but have no idea if I'll be accepted into it. Recently graduated college but I graduated a semester early in December. I'll be moving up to the PhD program in the Fall of 2014, but I am technically not enrolled in classes this semester. I attached my acceptance letter for the PhD program, but it seems because of my graduation date I may be disqualified from all potential internships. Any insight into the situation? I applied anyways so I'll guess we'll see, and I am a very competitive candidate none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by doc1811 View Post
    I applied but have no idea if I'll be accepted into it. Recently graduated college but I graduated a semester early in December. I'll be moving up to the PhD program in the Fall of 2014, but I am technically not enrolled in classes this semester. I attached my acceptance letter for the PhD program, but it seems because of my graduation date I may be disqualified from all potential internships. Any insight into the situation? I applied anyways so I'll guess we'll see, and I am a very competitive candidate none the less.
    Not 100% sure, but I imagine you're DQ'd. I'm fairly certain you have to be currently enrolled in a full time program. Have you already registered for the fall?

"Must be classified as an Undergraduate (second semester Freshman or higher), Graduate or Post-Doctorate student currently enrolled full-time at the time of application".

What does the process look like after applying?

From the announcement:

The FBI Internship Program is highly competitive. As part of the selection process, FBI representatives from each field office will arrange interviews with the most competitive candidates. Each field office will nominate a designated number of candidates, and a Headquarters selection committee will make the final determinations. Selections are based on academic achievement, area of study, life/work experiences, and the needs of the FBI. The FBI actively seeks women, minorities and persons with disabilities for participation in the Honors Internship Program.

Students who are selected will receive a conditional job offer by telephone. This conditional offer is contingent upon a selected candidate's successful completion of an extensive FBI Background Investigation. If you accept this offer, the FBI will begin the background investigation necessary to hire you and will inform you immediately if there is any change to the status of this position. Those candidates who pass the background investigation will receive an FBI Top Secret clearance in order to be eligible to participate in the program. The FBI field office nearest the student's school will contact the student within 14 days of the selection to arrange a preliminary processing appointment. Candidates will be contacted by an FBI representative to confirm appointment. Selectees are expected to begin their internship on June 1, 2014.

Hey guys, brand new to the forum. Having some trouble on the application. I've created a resume, clicked "apply now" and it brought me to the fbijobs page. I filled out some demographics on that site and then it sent me back to usajobs. Now, once I click on the applications tab, I see that my application is incomplete. Once I click on this is takes me to the fbijobs page which states that "my request cannot be processed at this time". So, I'm stuck at this point. Any help guys? Also, for the documents we are supposed to upload (I believe its a transcript, fd-956 school form, and recommendation letter),are we supposed to get these documents and then scan them and upload them with the choice of "other"? Please help! Thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by glassrc View Post
    Hey guys, brand new to the forum. Having some trouble on the application. I've created a resume, clicked "apply now" and it brought me to the fbijobs page. I filled out some demographics on that site and then it sent me back to usajobs. Now, once I click on the applications tab, I see that my application is incomplete. Once I click on this is takes me to the fbijobs page which states that "my request cannot be processed at this time". So, I'm stuck at this point. Any help guys? Also, for the documents we are supposed to upload (I believe its a transcript, fd-956 school form, and recommendation letter),are we supposed to get these documents and then scan them and upload them with the choice of "other"? Please help! Thank you guys
    Log out completely and log back in to USAJOBS. Check your Application Status and continue from there. I faced the same issues as well. I need confirmation on this. Does the Program Acknowledgement have to be signed by a field office before you turn it in? Called the field office near me and was told jus to submit to HQ

Where is the online assessment questionnaire? I'm having trouble locating anything on these websites. Do they intend to make it this frustrating?

Edit: found it. The tab to go to the questionnaire blends in with the FBI page.

Quote Originally Posted by kaine View Post
    Log out completely and log back in to USAJOBS. Check your Application Status and continue from there. I faced the same issues as well. I need confirmation on this. Does the Program Acknowledgement have to be signed by a field office before you turn it in? Called the field office near me and was told jus to submit to HQ
    I'm interested in this too. The program acknowledgement says it needs to be signed by FBI personnel. Are we just supposed to submit this without their signature? Some other websites I've checked out say that this form can be filled out if the applicant is chosen.

I'm fairly certain the document requiring a representative's signature from your local FO is an error. I never had to fill that out on the initial application, and I can't imagine the local FO's are going to actually do that.

Do your due diligence and call your local FO, but I wouldn't sweat it.

Regarding submitting other documents, yes, scan them into PDF's, and then upload them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGlock View Post
    I'm fairly certain the document requiring a representative's signature from your local FO is an error. I never had to fill that out on the initial application, and I can't imagine the local FO's are going to actually do that.

Do your due diligence and call your local FO, but I wouldn't sweat it.

Regarding submitting other documents, yes, scan them into PDF's, and then upload them.
    Just called my FO and the automated phone gave me no option to talk to somebody unless I wanted to report a crime. Wtf. I guess I'll just send it in without an FBI personell signature.

Just called my FO and the automated phone gave me no option to talk to somebody unless I wanted to report a crime. Wtf. I guess I'll just send it in without an FBI personell signature.
    Where does it say it needs an FBI signature...? On the form itself there's a place for your name, signature, and date, and there is nothing on it about any other signature.

Quote Originally Posted by davoos15 View Post
    Where does it say it needs an FBI signature...? On the form itself there's a place for your name, signature, and date, and there is nothing on it about any other signature.
    Which form are you looking at? this is the one I'm looking at...
    https://www.fbijobs.gov/downloads/Cy...wledgement.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by davoos15 View Post
    The Program Term acknowledgement form is what he meant and yes it does have a portion where an agent from a FO near you has to endorse. However, as I mentioned earlier, a call to my FO said I can just submit all docs w/o an agent signature. I think they look that when you move forward in the process.

@glassrec When you call the FO just listen to the options and select (I believe opt #7). Someone will pick up on that line and route you to the HR office is they can't answer your questions

Which form are you looking at? this is the one I'm looking at...
    https://www.fbijobs.gov/downloads/Cy...wledgement.pdf
    That's for the Cyber Internship. I'm pretty sure this thread has mostly been about the Honors Internship. The form is different for the Honors Internship:

https://www.fbijobs.gov/downloads/Pr...gement2014.pdf