Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
    Don't deny the Air Force ROTC scholarship. You need to think of this logically.

The Air Force is offering you an active-duty officer position within the United States Air Force upon graduation. The FBI is offering you an internship that does not by any means guarantee you a job with the FBI after completion of the internship. In other words, think of ROTC like an internship leading to a full-time job with the Air Force and the FBI internship not necessarily leading to a full-time job with the FBI.

I would argue that being in the Air Force as an officer would be more useful in landing a job as a criminal investigator in the future than the FBI internship would be.

Take the Air Force scholarship. Chances are, you can still do the internship, but if not, the Air Force is the better long-term investment. The FBI internship might offer a more exciting and enjoyable experience (let's be real, ROTC isn't all too fun usually), but it doesn't give you a foundation like ROTC does after graduation.

My $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapstar View Post
    I think saying we is making a bit of a sweeping generalization...I think at this point it is based more on individual situations, ie where you are, if your background is done, where they want to place you, etc. than everyone starting at the same time.
    I know I am starting before January
    Have you started the internship? Anything new with you?

I did start....without being too specific, so far so good.
    I did some digging and got some info straight from the people who would know...
    They did in fact stop working on backgrounds for a while and started up again oct 1
    Since then they have been bringing people in as their backgrounds clear
    They have had a few small groups come in together but are probably going to hold off on bringing in another group until January, when they can bring in more at once
    Does that mean that everyone will be in by January? No
    But, they are not going to have the VIP or HIP open for application this year, only cyber
    Remember, the email from back in July said if you weren't in by the end of the school year, you'd get a spot in summer 15

Adm.Tony Guest
    Well this has been very silent for a while but I'm going to give it a try. Has anybody heard anything. I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I was still interested and I replied yes but I haven't heard anything after that and it is almost May. Does anybody have some info?

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Tony View Post
    Well this has been very silent for a while but I'm going to give it a try. Has anybody heard anything. I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I was still interested and I replied yes but I haven't heard anything after that and it is almost May. Does anybody have some info?
    If you haven't already check out this website: https://www.fbijobs.gov/for-students/internships.asp

I know of one intern that came on in January or February and has since moved on to a full time position. Best way to keep up with the information is to contact your Recruiter or point of contact you have dealt with throughout.

Adm.Tony Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    If you haven't already check out this website: https://www.fbijobs.gov/for-students/internships.asp

I know of one intern that came on in January or February and has since moved on to a full time position. Best way to keep up with the information is to contact your Recruiter or point of contact you have dealt with throughout.
    I've tried to contact her multiple times and no reply. At this point I'm going to keep looking for other opportunities, when the FBI decides to finally finish my investigation then I'll consider whether I want to work there or not. So far they've made a really bad impression.

I've tried to contact her multiple times and no reply. At this point I'm going to keep looking for other opportunities, when the FBI decides to finally finish my investigation then I'll consider whether I want to work there or not. So far they've made a really bad impression.
    Lol. Welcome to the federal goverment.

How about calling down to HQ and asking there? Sometimes they are able to give you some kind of answer. If you're looking elsewhere also look into an HSI internship, while most of them are unpaid they have a great agency and a broad mission like the FBI. They may also have a much easier process than the FBI does.

*chuckle*
    That's ok. There's only many thousand applicants just like you waiting in line for the gig. If you don't want it, someone else does.

Adm.Tony Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishGrunt View Post
    *chuckle*
    That's ok. There's only many thousand applicants just like you waiting in line for the gig. If you don't want it, someone else does.
    Am I supposed to care for your opinion?

Am I supposed to care for your opinion?
    I suppose not. Certainly not anymore than anyone hiring for a job or internship with literally thousands of qualified applicants for each opening would care about an applicant's annoyance at things taking too long or whether said applicant got a lot of hugs through the process.

Stop. This behavior is nowhere professional nor appropriate for this type of forum. If you want to bicker, then I suggest exchanging emails and doing it there.

This forum is suppose to be informative, not degrading. Some individuals don't understand certain things, yet, and that's OK.

This thread has slipped well past our limit of 200 posts, sorry about that. We limit the threads in order to keep information current and easier to review for new members and guests. Feel free to start a new one.
    ret.