Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davoos15 View Post
    That's for the Cyber Internship. I'm pretty sure this thread has mostly been about the Honors Internship. The form is different for the Honors Internship:

https://www.fbijobs.gov/downloads/Pr...gement2014.pdf
    Thank you! Couldn't find this form once I realized the one I had was for the cyber internship. I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by glassrc View Post
    Thank you! Couldn't find this form once I realized the one I had was for the cyber internship. I appreciate it!
    Oh no, I just helped my competition! All of the forms are available on the FBI Honors Internship page on the FBI's site, NOT USAJobs. Except the questionnaire, which I'm guessing is on USAJobs while applying. I haven't actually submitted my app yet, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. I have all of my documents ready to go.

Oh no, I just helped my competition! All of the forms are available on the FBI Honors Internship page on the FBI's site, NOT USAJobs. Except the questionnaire, which I'm guessing is on USAJobs while applying. I haven't actually submitted my app yet, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. I have all of my documents ready to go.
    Haha well good news is you can only apply to one FO or HQ so there'sa good chance you aaren't competing against me. The usajobs and FBI sites are a little tricky. Once you submit your resume, it transfers you to the FBI site. Once there, you have to click "apply to this position" on the page it takes you to. This tab is tricky because it's brown and blends in with the FBI page. Clicking on this will take you to the questionnaire and after the questionnaire you are allowed to upload your documents.

Quote Originally Posted by glassrc View Post
    Haha well good news is you can only apply to one FO or HQ so there'sa good chance you aaren't competing against me. The usajobs and FBI sites are a little tricky. Once you submit your resume, it transfers you to the FBI site. Once there, you have to click "apply to this position" on the page it takes you to. This tab is tricky because it's brown and blends in with the FBI page. Clicking on this will take you to the questionnaire and after the questionnaire you are allowed to upload your documents.
    Just finished the app. It was interesting how you first checked "the needs of the FBI" for location, then checked the FO "closest to where you want to work" or whatever.

Anyway, our part is done for now. So now, we shall wait! Good luck.

Just finished the app. It was interesting how you first checked "the needs of the FBI" for location, then checked the FO "closest to where you want to work" or whatever.

Anyway, our part is done for now. So now, we shall wait! Good luck.
    I definitely agree. The whole process was a little tricky. Good luck to you as well!

Thumbs up

That's for the Cyber Internship. I'm pretty sure this thread has mostly been about the Honors Internship. The form is different for the Honors Internship:

https://www.fbijobs.gov/downloads/Pr...gement2014.pdf
    They sure made this application so confusing. Thanks davoos

Called my office and they said there was 2500+ applications by the end of January 30th...not including the last couple days or tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    Called my office and they said there was 2500+ applications by the end of January 30th...not including the last couple days or tomorrow
    I've seen worse odds! Remember, not every one of those applicants will meet the minimum qualifications. Plus there will be others who screwed up the application.

It's useless to stress over numbers at this point.

I've seen worse odds! Remember, not every one of those applicants will meet the minimum qualifications. Plus there will be others who screwed up the application.

It's useless to stress over numbers at this point.
    2500 is quite a decent number. It's quite low in my opinion considering how the agency don't open this opportunity as often. No need stressing as Davoos said. Do your part

Quote Originally Posted by kaine View Post
    2500 is quite a decent number. It's quite low in my opinion considering how the agency don't open this opportunity as often. No need stressing as Davoos said. Do your part
    There were 10,000 applications for 200 spots last year for the Volunteer Internship, and that was an unpaid internship. You can expect there to be a substantial amount of applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGlock View Post
    There were 10,000 applications for 200 spots last year for the Volunteer Internship, and that was an unpaid internship. You can expect there to be a substantial amount of applicants.
    I'm not gonna worry about numbers unless I get selected. Better to look back and think, "Whoa, I got selected with so many applicants" than to look ahead and think, "Wellp, this sucks. There are way too many people applying and I have no chance."

Also, many of the applicants will be DQ'd for one reason or another right away (i.e. not meeting the minimums, not supply the correct paperwork, etc.). We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm not gonna worry about numbers unless I get selected. Better to look back and think, "Whoa, I got selected with so many applicants" than to look ahead and think, "Wellp, this sucks. There are way too many people applying and I have no chance."

Also, many of the applicants will be DQ'd for one reason or another right away (i.e. not meeting the minimums, not supply the correct paperwork, etc.). We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    I agree 100% about not sweating it, but I didn't want any to think it would not be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGlock View Post
    I agree 100% about not sweating it, but I didn't want any to think it would not be competitive.
    Yep. Please feel free to share anything you hear about selections (of course if it's allowed to be shared).

Yep. Please feel free to share anything you hear about selections (of course if it's allowed to be shared).
    I signed an NDA regarding that, so there isn't much I can say. The more you know yourself and what you've done, the better you'll be for any interview in which you'll be asked questions about yourself.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

And yes, I have some interview experience, and I think I'm decent at it. I'm just hoping I make it to that stage. Would the interview be at the closet FO, or would it be at a resident/satellite office if there is one of those that's closer?