Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    So I guess it can be assumed that if you received the "referred to mgmt" notification, you are on the BQ list?

Oh also, I've been monitoring this forum for some time now, but haven't seen anyone mention the New York office. Does anyone know anything about what is going on with them? Thanks!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinsRus View Post
    mattw94, if you don't mind, what are some of your qualifications that you think helped you get selected? I know one individual has noted exceptional educational requirements, so I'm curious as to what helped you get picked right away.
    I'd like to know as well because according to the office they haven't interviewed one person yet, so I'm confused how you say you had a interview.. Not calling you a liar by any means this is a bit confusing to what you have stated previously.

This is the current Up to date info on the Boston/New England Field Office.

They recieved 300 applicants
    They will be interviewing 12 people
    There is only 2 spots available.
    The coordinator told me today they haven't finished even going through the stack yet and one person is on vacation till next week. There has been NO interviews as of now.

She was very nice and encouraging and said she understands how anxious everyone is who applied and also said it won't be for another two weeks till emails go out for those who've made it passed the current phase or not. I did not ask if that included phone calls for interviews.
    But I thanked her for her time and feel still hopeful.

Don't give up hope yet it's still very early in the New England District.

PS I was referred to hiring manager two weeks ago and I'm waiting like everyone else for the go ahead or rejection.
    Last edited by JustJessLA; 02-19-2014 at 14:32. Reason: Added additional info

I applied through a large office, and as far as I know, interviews have already been completed here. I have no stats on how many applied, how many were interviewed, etc., but she said that there will be two primary selections and four alternates. Keep in mind, once selected, a candidate must pass the poly, drug screening, and background prior to being actually selected. That's why they have alternates.

From my understanding, we are all done with the application process (interview, etc.), and our final packets are being reviewed. So obviously, there is no 'national timeline' that every FO is following.

Ok, this is PenguinsRUs (can't remember my password from last night since I was out of it when I replied to this forum and now I'm not receiving the "Forgot Password" e-mail for whatever reason). ANYWAY ; I just spoke with the NY Office today and asked where they were in processing, the reply was that they are still reviewing applications. I assume those applications are the ones on the BQ list. I did not ask further questions since I find it extremely nerve wracking to bother them about such things.

The bottom-line is, Jess, I totally agree with you and the information you received. Seeing how Boston and New York are both ridiculously large locations, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in fact moving at a slower pace. I'm not quite sure where mattw94 received his information from. Originally it sounded sketchy to me, and now even more sketchy since you directly contacted the Boston office (unless he has some crazy connection of course).

I think we should all just sit back and wait to see what happens. I'd love to know if anyone has any success in this endeavor and I am honestly rooting for all of you, including myself . I do not believe the process will take anything longer than about another month, so everyone keep your hopes up!

Also, davoos, sounds like you got picked or are very close to being picked; either way, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgirlpenguin View Post
    Ok, this is PenguinsRUs (can't remember my password from last night since I was out of it when I replied to this forum and now I'm not receiving the "Forgot Password" e-mail for whatever reason). ANYWAY ; I just spoke with the NY Office today and asked where they were in processing, the reply was that they are still reviewing applications. I assume those applications are the ones on the BQ list. I did not ask further questions since I find it extremely nerve wracking to bother them about such things.

The bottom-line is, Jess, I totally agree with you and the information you received. Seeing how Boston and New York are both ridiculously large locations, I wouldn't be surprised if they are in fact moving at a slower pace. I'm not quite sure where mattw94 received his information from. Originally it sounded sketchy to me, and now even more sketchy since you directly contacted the Boston office (unless he has some crazy connection of course).

I think we should all just sit back and wait to see what happens. I'd love to know if anyone has any success in this endeavor and I am honestly rooting for all of you, including myself . I do not believe the process will take anything longer than about another month, so everyone keep your hopes up!

Also, davoos, sounds like you got picked or are very close to being picked; either way, good job.
    Not sure why mattw94 might have heard about an interview while others who applied to the same office haven't, but it's possible. I too applied to a large FO (at least as large as the Boston FO), and I've completed my interview and the rest of the initial application process (so basically, awaiting final word).

It's a very competitive internship - especially now that it's paid - so my best advice is just to sit back, relax, and hope for the best. If we don't get it, we just gotta keep our heads up. There are tons of competitive applicants. If you worry too much about what others have heard and what you haven't, you'll go crazy.

Good luck everyone!

Anyone hear back from Chicago yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe1811 View Post
    Not sure why mattw94 might have heard about an interview while others who applied to the same office haven't, but it's possible. I too applied to a large FO (at least as large as the Boston FO), and I've completed my interview and the rest of the initial application process (so basically, awaiting final word).

It's a very competitive internship - especially now that it's paid - so my best advice is just to sit back, relax, and hope for the best. If we don't get it, we just gotta keep our heads up. There are tons of competitive applicants. If you worry too much about what others have heard and what you haven't, you'll go crazy.

Good luck everyone!
    I agree but this FO in question has not done any interviews or called for interviews that's why the post is not adding up. Other FO for sure could be in different stages just not this one. The point of these kinds of forums in my opinion is to help others and share information etc, so I wanted to share what I have learned today

Good Luck to those who have heard in other field offices!
    Penguin or Rock Girl if you try to sign in now you may have access to your original account. I had issues all afternoon from work but when I got home and used my normal computer I could log in.

Good Luck Davo, very exciting for you. What's your degree major etc?

Quote Originally Posted by JustJessLA View Post
    I agree but this FO in question has not done any interviews or called for interviews that's why the post is not adding up. Other FO for sure could be in different stages just not this one. The point of these kinds of forums in my opinion is to help others and share information etc, so I wanted to share what I have learned today

Penguin or Rock Girl if you try to sign in now you may have access to your original account. I had issues all afternoon from work but when I got home and used my normal computer I could log in.
    Meh. Still not working; and the site still isn't sending me my reset password e-mail, but whatever. XD
    I wonder if anyone else on here has applied for the NY FO. Please speak up if you have or private message me.

Not gonna lie, I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't get picked.

St. Louis, MO?

Has anyone heard anything from st. louis,mo?

Also, who is everyone contacting from their field office? i cant find a contact number for the st. louis location.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by llee1012 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything from st. louis,mo?

Also, who is everyone contacting from their field office? i cant find a contact number for the st. louis location.

thanks!
    FBI St. Louis
    2222 Market Street
    St. Louis, MO 63103
    Phone: (314) 589-2500
    Fax: (314) 589-2636
    E-mail: [email protected]
    You ask for the Internship Coordinator's office. But most FO have a voice greeting that tells you what button to push to get to a certain DEPT. I encourage all people to call your local FO to ask the status of your application, if you're professional and courteous most do not mind answering a couple quick questions
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJessLA View Post

Well, you've learned quite a bit! It's possible you have incorrect information about interview notifications (big office, lots of people calling, etc.), but that doesn't mean you're not getting an interview. But hey, the waiting game is so fun! Not.

My FO wouldn't tell me any stats on how many applied, how many they were interviewing, etc. She laughed when I asked that... haha.

If you don't mind me asking, what FO did you apply out of?

That's too bad about your FO not being helpful which FO is it?

I called and left a voicemall with my FO yesterday and haven't heard back. I'm not counting on them calling me back and I don't want to be too annoying calling.
    Any reasons why we try so hard to hide our FO's?