Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

FBI Summer Internships 2014

The FBI summer internships will be returning in 2014. The application will open January 29th and will be open for 5 days on fbi DOT gov. If I get any more information, I'll post it here.

I checked earlier and it said they weren't open at this time, so I wouldn't have looked again. Now I will!

Thanks!

The site isn't always the best about reflecting current job/internship opportunities. It usually opens in October, but because of budget issues it was suspended but is now being brought back.

Will the background be able to pass in that short amount of time? Seems like there would be alot of stress on the people handling the internship

Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    Will the background be able to pass in that short amount of time? Seems like there would be alot of stress on the people handling the internship
    They'll just have to expedite things. Mine was down to the wire when I applied in October and was selected by late December, and it took until late May for me to be cleared, so I can only imagine it will be amplified.

Are you currently an intern or agent? How did you find out the information about this year's internship?

Are you currently an intern or agent? How did you find out the information about this year's internship?
    Currently an intern with the Bureau.

On the website, they recently changed it from something like, "We're anticipating offering ..." to "We're offering ..." But don't keep checking the website. I don't want any more competition than I already have.

Kidding, of course.

Davoos- Yes I noticed this too I'm just waiting for something else to pop up now!

Dr.- how is it? Are you allowed to participate and go out of the office or is it mostly clerical?

Davoos- Yes I noticed this too I'm just waiting for something else to pop up now!

Dr.- how is it? Are you allowed to participate and go out of the office or is it mostly clerical?
    I've loved it, but I'm not sure it's for everyone. If you don't enjoy the mission of what you're contributing towards, and the mystique wears off, you won't find it a good fit. Not to burst any bubbles, but most of the work involved in being an agent is "clerical" in nature--the 99% of activity that leads up to the 1% of "kicking in a door" and arresting someone.

Interns assist agents in their cases.

Mine is mainly office work, but I've been able to do a lot of things outside the office. A lot of things will depend on the culture of the office you're in, which squad you work with, what the agents you work with are like, and what you make of the internship.

Internship application is now open: https://www.fbijobs.gov/2.asp

Good luck, e'ryone.

OK, so the required paperwork seems to have changed. It first said that the letter of rec was required from an appropriate dean or academic professor. Now, it has changed to a "dean or department head."

At first, I thought I misread it, and that maybe it has always been a dean or department head, but I Googled the internship, found another article advertising it, and it had the previous requirement: a dean or academic professor. So, I'm pretty sure it did change.

Anyway, after reading the requirements before they changed it, I got one of my professors to start writing my letter. I think she's a good person to write my letter, as she knows me and I've done well in her classes, etc.

However, I have no relationship with any dean or the department head. So at this point, I'm going to send in what I have and hope it isn't a "this applicant didn't send in the required paperwork" DQ. But will it be? Are they going to see that my letter is from a professor instead of a dean/department head and just throw out my entire application?

I think they're just looking for someone from your department to "OK" your participation in the internship. I wouldn't sweat it.

OK, thanks.