Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Steroid Use

Steroid Use

I realize that I am rather late getting to this party but I have a question. Does anyone on this thread know the DEA's policy on limited steroid use in high school (which was 5 years ago for me)? Would admitting to this during the polygraph likely get me DQ'd? Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Please review the rules on posting to old threads. I moved your question to a new one. In general, admitting anything during the BI process, which includes the poly, that should have been disclosed previously is a serious problem.
    ret.

Roger. Sorry about the rule violation. As you can see I am new to this whole process. Can you elaborate on this for me. My question should have been "does my limited use DQ me from ever getting hired"?

I'll defer to our DEA hands on their specific policies on your reformulated question. However, I recommend you search up SF 86, "Questionnaire for National Security Positions". Section 23 relates to Illegal Use of Drugs and Drug Activity. The first question (a) is:

In the last 7 years, have you illegally used any controlled substance, for example, cocaine, crack cocaine, THC (marijuana, hashish, etc.), narcotics (opium, morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.), stimulants (amphetamines, speed, crystal methamphetamine, Ecstacy, ketamine, etc.),
    depressants (barbiturates, methaqualone, tranquilizers, etc.), hallucinogenics (LSD, PCP, etc.), steroids, inhalants (toluene, amyl nitrate,
    etc.) or prescription drugs (including painkillers)? Use of a controlled substance includes injecting, snorting, inhaling, swallowing,
    experimenting with or otherwise consuming any controlled substance
    The underlining is mine, but use and the need to acknowledge it will be part of the process.
    ret.

Thank you very much for guiding me in the right direction. I hope to get further guidance on this from this forums DEA experts. Your help is very much appreciated.