Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Disclosing Drug History

Hello to everyone,

An associate of mine recently made it to the polygraph phase for a position with the secret service. However, she was informed that she would not be advancing past the polygraph phase. She disclosed to me that she felt as if her drug history ultimately allowed her not to advanced. She had smoked marijuana 10-15 times 5 years ago and she had disclosed that information in the initial application. However, once she got into the polygraph test and the investigator asked her about prescription drug use she remembered that she had taken adderol a handful of times roughly a year and a half ago. According to her, the secret service does not necessarily have a no drug policy but she felt like her marijuana usage came off as not a big deal compared to other drugs. She asked me if I thought if her adderol usage hurt her the most and I honestly do not know so I'm asking you all for some advice to relay back to her. I'm sure it did not help her case at all either. Lastly, what are most agencies policies on prescription drug use such as adderol and is there a time frame that an individual can not have taken any before applying to an agency? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

The my friend routine huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Roninjin View Post
    The my friend routine huh?
    Glad it is a friend and not me in her shoes.

Looking through your bank records & garbage..
    Ten minutes in an interview room with "your friend" and I'm pretty sure we could catalog a more extensive use of controlled substances than just Adderall 1-1/2 years ago and weed "10-15 times." Another topic for another time, though.

There might be an agency out there whose drug policy essentially reads "Don't come to the interview high." Suggest "your friend" hit the internet and start with them. Using Schedule II "a handful of times" in +/- 2013 (which was pretty damn close to "her" application, if she's in the poly phase now) and being a pothead a few years before is, frankly, going to be an uphill battle, since there are plenty of equally- or better-qualified applicants who didn't/weren't.