Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Question about Highschool Drug Use?

-I am a college student as of right now and I should be graduating soon, I have some questions about what disqualifies you from becoming a police officer.
    During Highschool I smoked weed a little more then I should've, but that only lasted for couple months, I have used Perks couple times but never took a lot, it was only once in couple weeks for about 2 months or so, and also tried "Molly" once, took adderol couple times to help me with school work.. I was wondering if I still have a chance becoming a cop. They were all used in high school and i have no intention of taking any drug again. Never been arrested and don't have any traffic tickets.
    Can anyone help me out?

Every department should have a written policy on applicant drug history disqualifications. Some are different than others. I suggest you contact a few local departments to find out what their policy is. This will give you an idea if your drug use history will disqualify you or not.

Thanks, Thats what I might do. I volunteer at my local Fire Department to build up a good resume and give me more options in life. I don't mess around with any thing anymore, and I stay away from all the people who are still doing drugs. I hope that my immature decisions in high school doesn't screw up my chances with a LE job in the future but we shall see.