Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Some drug use

I am 22 and will be a college graduate in May and would like to join the police force sometime after that. I have read quite a few comments on this subject but would like to know if my history is to much and there is not even a chance for me to go this route. I have smoked pot 3 times during my first couple of years in college along with doing mushrooms twice and ecstasy 4 or 5 times. All within the first couple of years in college. I have not done anymore since then or anything else for that matter. If I joined the military would that help my chances later or if I took some law enforcement classes. Is there anything that may help. Do all jobs within the police force have the same strict policy's. Does anyone have any advise? Will any of this matter either way. Thanks for your time. Sorry for so many questions. Just want some clear answers.

Do I need to state the obvious? One misspell could be a typo, but several? "Collage" grad? Not sure I believe that or you may have used more of that stuff than you're admitting.

Sorry for the incorrect spelling, not intentional, and yes I am going to be a college grad with a 3.8 to 4.0 GPA all 4 years as well as a college athlete. My post above was completely honest whether you believe it or not. don't mean to be rude, just wanted a little input.

You are going to need a few years time to separate your use of mushrooms and ecstasy from your application date. In my opinion, most dept's won't consider you as your drug use is too recent. The time varies by department.

While writing on this forum is not a writing exam and we all make typos in our haste to make our point, your initial post misspelled "college" at least three times, as well as other grammatical errors, which prompted me to post as I did. I would strongly suggest that you tighten up your writing skills while waiting to apply for a police job.

Quote Originally Posted by Klee View Post
    I have smoked pot 3 times during my first couple of years in college along with doing mushrooms twice and ecstasy 4 or 5 times
    I don't know of any Fed/Local agency that would ever hire you with the 'shrooms and X.

Low mj use is one thing....but once you start getting into harder stuff.....no way.

I've heard of a few places in CA/CO/WA that have looser drug usage .....but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klee View Post
    If I joined the military would that help my chances later
    Military won't let you in with that recent of drug usage. If you lied and they found out, you'd be booted for Fraudulent Enlistment and get booted with a Dishonorable....

My advice is to look for a different career......as you've got 1000s of folks out there competing for very few jobs that not only have degrees but they have military time and no drug usage.

spelling is a requirement also

by the way "first few years of college" ? college is 4 years. so 50% of your college time was spent using drugs ?

Looking through your bank records & garbage..
    Quote Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post

by the way "first few years of college" ? college is 4 years. so 50% of your college time was spent using drugs ?
    Not if he's Bluto.

"Christ! Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f------ Peace Corps!"
    - John "Bluto" Blutarsky, Animal House