Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Deployment

Deployment

I'm currently reenlisting in the army reserves with the intent of picking up a deployment. I served in the infantry in the early 2000's but never left georgia. My question is, what MOS has the best chances of being deployed to a forward area? I am currently between intel, mp, and cav scout. Thank you guys for the time.

In the office, questioning my life choices
    PsyOps/Civil Affairs, or any of your 18 series stuff if you're ready/able to do that.

You want deployment....think hard. IF LE is your goal, work at it and don't deploy. If it's something you REALLY want and you've got the quals, you could do no better than the NG 20th Special Forces Group (Abn) based out of Birmingham, AL. There are a variety of Company operational locations in the southern US. If you really want to commit, you can hook up 18 series training through the NG. Training is tough and passing the Q course is not guaranteed. Also, the issue here is you WILL get deployed and after this year the majority of US military operational presence in AFG will be SF. And they have to feed that Beast, so think real hard.

Best of luck in your decision.

Wanted to add this for your review: http://www.nationalguardsf.com/special_forces.shtml
    Last edited by dmclark; 04-14-2014 at 12:26.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

Thank you very much for the great replies gentlemen. I've spoken with my retention guy, and it seems there's a civil affairs unit pretty close to my house. I'm going to see what it would take to get attached. Again, I appreciate your taking the time.