Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thumbs up Fletc citp - 2014

I've seen several threads about FLETC but they were all quite outdated so I started this one. Anyone going to the FLETC for CITP this year? Anyone there right now or who completed in the past year who could share some knowledge? What are the accommodations like, what's a day to day like? Share anything you think may be valuable to incoming trainees. Thanks!

Its been quite some time since I went, but the only advice I'll offer is this: BRING A CAR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by whatchagot View Post
    Its been quite some time since I went, but the only advice I'll offer is this: BRING A CAR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. You will thank me later.
    Thanks whatchagot, I definitely will. Initially I was told that they frown upon it due to space limitation, but after having attended other training while in the military and not having a car to rely on, I learned my lesson! Thanks again!

+1 on bringing a car. I've also heard it's a good idea to bring a bike if you have one, or buy one cheap second hand when you're down there.

There are breaks between classes and the schedule they give you is very detailed, so you can plan ahead. I just talked to a friend who graduated and he told me a bunch of other stuff as well. I'll be down there this summer.

The car is great advice. Also, check out the recreation office (forget the official name) as they have a great variety of trips and activities. Your experience is also agency-dependent. My agency, while at CITP, would not allow us to use the buses (except to chow from the Taj) or a bicycle to get around campus, we had to walk everywhere.

Coming from a PD that had a chaotic schedule during the academy, I was thoroughly impressed with how CITP ran and how the schedule was kept to over 99% of the time.

another +1 on the car. My agency was very relaxed during down time. Some brought there own TVs as the ones in the room are small like 19" I think. I drove and took my race gun and shot matches almost every weekend. I also had some golf clubs as there are some nice courses in the area, and found out that through FLETC are discounted for students. SEAL6770 is right the rec office (forgot name as well) has things to do,
    even some NFL in Jacksonville, FL (1 hour south) if your there during Football season. I was there in fall 2012.

was there mid 90's.

Yes, take a car !

Quote Originally Posted by SEAL6770 View Post
    My agency, while at CITP, would not allow us to use the buses (except to chow from the Taj) or a bicycle to get around campus, we had to walk everywhere.
    While I think I understand the basic logic, I think that it's counterproductive. How can one one hoof it from let's say a classroom in 261 (I think that was the bldg number - near the PT bldg) to the range and get there on time? FLETC activities are sometimes just too geographically spread out.