Afternoon everyone. This is my first post and I'll try not to ramble on and on...

I'm looking to relocate down to NC after this summer and get into a Sheriff or Police department for the long haul. My first choice would be a medium sized department somewhere in the middle of the state eastward towards the coast. Currently I am a sworn law enforcement officer (Park Ranger) with a ultra small county department (less than 7 of us total) and I also have 6 years non-sworn community service experience working with a CALEA agency. My record is clean and so is my credit. I'm not eligible to transfer for the BLET so any agency would have to put me through the academy. Looking for more of a suburban/rural department as well, the big city life just isn't my cup of tea but beggars can't be choosers...

If anyone out there has some suggestions or places to avoid for out-of-staters, I would appreciate any feedback. I've looked into Guilford/Dare/Vance/Durham Sheriff Depts and I've started looking into some PD's as well. If anyone also knows of an agency that offers a condensed application process - that is a big plus. Its a 10 hour drive just to get into NC for me so the fewer trips the better for the gas budget.

Thanks!

TGL