Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Best" LE shoes with a suit

Title pretty much says it all. I'm sure this has been covered before at some point, but they always come out with new models and styles.

I was thinking the Bates Durashocks Leather Oxford Shoes 112

Bates Durashocks Black Leather Oxford Uniform Shoes 112

Basically looking for something that would do well in training, in court with a suit, all day in the office, and on an imaginary foot chase that most likely will not happen in a suit (but you never know....)

Quote Originally Posted by gmc1 View Post
    Title pretty much says it all. I'm sure this has been covered before at some point, but they always come out with new models and styles.

I was thinking the Bates Durashocks Leather Oxford Shoes 112

Bates Durashocks Black Leather Oxford Uniform Shoes 112

Basically looking for something that would do well in training, in court with a suit, all day in the office, and on an imaginary foot chase that most likely will not happen in a suit (but you never know....)
    maybe if you are in JROTC or the Civil Air Patrol....

Try the ECCO brand shoes very comfortable

"Best" Law Emforcement Shoes With A Suit

Do they have to be polish-able black leather. About 21 years ago, when I went from being a city cop to being a county cop, they took me in to get uniforms from the local police equipment supply house for everything except the footwear. That was to be purchased from a shoes store located in the county seat. It was a Red Wing Shoe Store. When the salesman showed me the brown shoes that he said most bailiffs wore, I didn't care for the looks of them at all. Having come from a PD that finally, reluctantly started allowing us to wear a black athletic "coaches" shoe, I didn't want to go backwards. While looking around I found a Red Wing version of a brown coaches shoe. They ended up being the best pair of shoes I have ever had. They cost me an additional $27 because the county paid $75 towards footwear, so I had to pony up the difference.

I liked those shoes so much that I ended up buying a second brown pair and two black pairs from a shoe store that sold Red Wing factory seconds. Unfortunately, when I went to get replacements for those some 15 years later, they no longer offered that model. I think the reason that they lasted so long is because I would alternate which pair I wore every day. For example, pair one was worn Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Pair two was worn Tuesday and Thursday. An old shoe repairman many years ago told me that if a certain pair of shoes or boots will last X number of months, two pairs will last much longer because if you rotate them, they get a chance to dry out if you only wear them every other day. It is worth considering if you are basically wearing the same shoes or boots every day!

Ecco and Rockport are two solid choices. Stay away from anything that looks military.

"You're about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!" - Patches O'Houlihan

I like the Rockport dress wing tips. Light and well cushioned, it's been my 'go-to' suit shoe, especially if I'm going to be standing all day.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dmclark View Post
    I like the Rockport dress wing tips. Light and well cushioned, it's been my 'go-to' suit shoe, especially if I'm going to be standing all day.
    Would that be the "Rockport Total Motion Wingtip" by chance?

Total Motion Wingtip | Men's Wingtips | RockportĀ®

It has excellent reviews.

Yup! Like air on your feet, well cushioned and cool. Highly recommend.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

Cole Hahn Nike Air are a bit less conservative.

Ended up ordering the Rockport Total Motion Wingtips. Mostly due to DMClarks recommendation, but also really liked that they are offered in a wide. I find most dress shoes to be too narrow and constricting. Getting them in the next few days, so here's to hoping.

Also ordered a Galco dress belt, the SB3 to complete the ensemble. Heard good things about them. The dress belts I have right now are all too small and flimsy for duty wear.

Ended up ordering the Rockport Total Motion Wingtips. Mostly due to DMClarks recommendation, but also really liked that they are offered in a wide. I find most dress shoes to be too narrow and constricting. Getting them in the next few days, so here's to hoping.

Also ordered a Galco dress belt, the SB3 to complete the ensemble. Heard good things about them. The dress belts I have right now are all too small and flimsy for duty wear.
    Good call on all. A holster should not be paid with poor belt.

I like the Galco belts and they are good quality, but the one thing I don't like is that they don't taper their belts, and 1.5" or even 1.25" belt can look out of place with a suit. I ended up going with a smaller custom leather shop for my last duty belt simply because they tapered the front down to 1".

I am typing and hitting submit without proofreading.

replace "paid" with "paired with"

sorry

Now that I've worn them for a few days, I can say the Rockports were a good choice so far. Very comfortable right out of the box. Time will tell on their durability and how well they will hold a polish.

My only "complaint" if you want to call it that is they are super squeaky on a polished floor. I swear I feel like people must hear me coming from a mile away. If you have kids and have ever watched Spongebob Squarepants...kind of like the sound he makes when he walks.

Galco belt is nice, but the 1.5 inch just BARELY fits through my dress pants belt loops. A fraction wider and I would have had to have my belt loops widened. Or buy the 1.25" version.

All good. Better to squeak than to wince when your on your feet 10 hours. 'Barely' on the gunbelt is good. You don"t want it loose. Enjoy.
    Hunter S. Thompson

This kind of an old thread, but I have a follow-up question.

Does anyone have any experience with Ecco Helsinki Cap-Toe Oxfords?