Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Undetected Crimes - BI - Need Your Opinion!

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions.

I was recently selected for testing and I am hoping to get some answers regarding my past.

I know these posts come up all the time and I have read through a lot of them already.

A few things about me.

I am in the application process for a local P.D

I am two semesters away from an Econ degree.

I have a 3.7 GPA

I spent a year in Israel and some time in Russia.

I have travelled extensively as well.

I speak, read and write Russian and Arabic.

Undetected crimes worth mentioning.

16 yrs old, I stole a mousepad from an office store, it was worth $10.

A few months ago I was in Israel, everyone rolls there own cigarettes. I was handed one before heading to a concert. I took a short drag and immediately realized it was laced with hash. Gave it back.

Instances of underage drinking.

Detected crime - trespassing (I was 4 wheeling in my truck) - dropped to infraction

That's pretty much it.

Will I be DQ'ed based on this history? For local P.D or federal in the future?

Thanks!

[QUOTEA few months ago I was in Israel, everyone rolls there own cigarettes. I was handed one before heading to a concert. I took a short drag and immediately realized it was laced with hash. Gave it back.
    ][/QUOTE]

I've been to Israel many times for work; attended training with Israeli personnel; socialized with the Israeli personnel and their families; and I even recall being surprised at how many of the personnel actually smoked cigarettes. These are personnel whose duties are equivalent to U.S. Special Forces and U.S. civilian (specialized) federal law enforcement; like the fitness obsessed/take care of your body & health types. However, I can't recall any of them ever rolling their own cigarettes. They were all pre-packaged with filters, etc. Your question is a crystal ball question. Take a shot (no pun intended) and be brutally honest with the background investigator about your past. You just never know...
    Stay safe!

FedAgent

Thats strange.

Maybe its a younger crowd thing, because being there for 10 months...everyone at the university smoked rolled cigarettes...

Quote Originally Posted by recruit911 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Undetected crimes worth mentioning.

16 yrs old, I stole a mousepad from an office store, it was worth $10.

A few months ago I was in Israel, everyone rolls there own cigarettes. I was handed one before heading to a concert. I took a short drag and immediately realized it was laced with hash. Gave it back.

That's pretty much it.

Will I be DQ'ed based on this history? For local P.D or federal in the future?

Thanks!
    I don't see much to DQ you over. If you do go Fed, the biggest issue will likely be the foreign contacts and associates. Not that having them would be a DQ, but you will get lot's of questions about frequency of contact, their jobs, how close you are, etc.

As far as the hash infused cig, it does stretch the bounds of credibility a little but sure, that can happen. Some of the follow up questions will be did you know these guys before the concert? How close are you to them? Did you know they did drugs? Did you still associate with them after you learned they did drugs? You get the drift I'm sure.

Oh, and by the way, how did you know, after one drag that it was infused with Hash Oil? What is your previous experience with hash?

To be frank, I'm not sure what it was. It could very well have been arabic tobacco called"dokha", I dont have any experience with Hash I just assumed that's what It could have been since thats what they use over there. I have no previous experience with Hash, and very limited experience with Marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by recruit911 View Post
    To be frank, I'm not sure what it was. It could very well have been arabic tobacco called"dokha", I dont have any experience with Hash I just assumed that's what It could have been since thats what they use over there. I have no previous experience with Hash, and very limited experience with Marijuana.
    Be honest in answering the questions you get asked, but don't make up details either. You will want to disclose this under drug history, but I would explain you believe you inhaled something in a rolled cigarette but don't know what it was. This is less likely to be an issue during the BI than as something that trips you up during the poly if it's in your mind when answering drug use questions, so you are better off disclosing it early in the process.