Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

how bad does this look?

I am currently a 20 y/o junior in college looking into a career in LE. In highschool I did experiment a little bit. Experimenting being I used marijuana occasionally (less than 20 times all under the age of 18) and one time a friend convinced me to take MDMA. I'm not sure if nitrous oxide is a factor either but my friends and I bought some whipped cream cans a few times. I have not touched any drugs in 3 years and currently have had a safety sensitive job for almost 2 years where I am drug tested randomly/whenever they see fit to drug test. I have never been arrested or caught or sold anything. I read different things everywhere and I have done my research to academies and departments as well but everything is so up in the air. My worst offense on my record is a speeding ticket a few years ago (and now I have my CDL and havent been pulled over since). Everyone refers to me as a rule follower and I always steer clear of situations that could even be remotely considered illegal. I was just being young and stupid in highschool and now years later I'm really starting to see the effects it can have.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

There isn't a blanket answer for you. You should identify agencies in which you are interested and see what their drug policy looks like. You would have a problem with Federal agencies given both the number of times you used marijuana. I think approaching 20 times might be seen as more than limited experimental use, but on the good side it is more than 3 years ago. For other drugs, Schedule I-V, you are looking more at something like a 10 year period of being drug free.
    ret.