Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

icon35.gif ATF Industry Operations Investigator 6/2014

New Thread for the ATF Industry Operations Investigator 6/2014 announcement (and related IOI hiring process).

Still waiting to get permission to release my SF86 in e-qip. January class might be doubtful.

STL1801

Do you have any Military points and did you apply to the 2013 announcement? The reason I am asking is that I interviewed last December in Fairview Heights. I however did not receive anything indicating I was a lead candidate, but I also don't think St. Louis or Fairview got anyone in 2013. I left federal service in June 2014 and could not apply for the second posting. I am just trying to gauge were I may have fell and if I may pursue in the future. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FEDMAN View Post
    STL1801

Do you have any Military points and did you apply to the 2013 announcement? The reason I am asking is that I interviewed last December in Fairview Heights. I however did not receive anything indicating I was a lead candidate, but I also don't think St. Louis or Fairview got anyone in 2013. I left federal service in June 2014 and could not apply for the second posting. I am just trying to gauge were I may have fell and if I may pursue in the future. Thanks.
    FEDMAN, the last two or three announcements have been “status” announcements, so there wouldn't be any veterans preference. (The points system has been replaced several years ago). If the next announcement is an open announcement, non-veterans would have zero chance of getting an offer as all the veterans float to the top of their assigned category, above the non-veterans.

Did you earn reinstatement eligibility during your time as a prior federal employee? The (at least) two announcements allowed reinstatement eligible to apply.

For your situation, as a non-vet you have zero chance of getting an IOI from an open announcements. If you don’t have reinstatement eligibility, then you will not be eligible to apply status announcements (non-VRA).

Hope this helps.

Actually I am not a veteran and I was hired as an IOI in 2014. The process took almost a year but it did happen.

And I understand there were hirings in St. Louis and Fairview Heights

It is my understanding ATF wants to hire up to 100 more IOI's over the next two years so don't give up and keep watching for more announcements. Things don't happen fast, but they do happen. Good luck to all!

FEDMAN,

I am a VET and currently a federal employee. I have no idea if those offices got any new IOIs from the last announcement. St. Louis was one of my five office choices, but I currently live in the Southeast and interviewed down here. I'm not sure how HQ picks your lead candidate office location. I would guess the offices with the most immediate need get new employees first. But if you have worked for the federal government, you understand the hiring process is often unpredictable. Even the 2014 announcement could be in trouble if Congress doesn't pass a budget for the rest of the fiscal year.

I've seen others post that another IOI announcement could be posted in early 2015. Take care.

Gregg 1965,

Thanks for starting a new thread. We appreciate your effort.

Has anyone had any movement recently on their application (if already selected as a lead candidate)? I am wondering if things have slowed down a bit due to the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg_1965 View Post
    New Thread for the ATF Industry Operations Investigator 6/2014 announcement (and related IOI hiring process).
    While checking my USAJOBS application status today, I noticed that I was referred to the selecting official for the 6/2014announcement. Based on everyone's experience, what should I expect next?

Last week I was contacted and advised that they were going to use my current Top Secret Clearance. They also said that they were sending my file forward.

Congrats! Hopefully everything falls in place for you. Did they contact by telephone/email? What position are you in now? I am a Federal LE for a DOI agency (also have Top Secret BI clearance).

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe in View Post
    Congrats! Hopefully everything falls in place for you. Did they contact by telephone/email? What position are you in now? I am a Federal LE for a DOI agency (also have Top Secret BI clearance).
    Shoe in,

Thank you. They contacted me first by phone followed by an email. I currently work for U.S. Department of State Diplomatic Security.

All,

Looks like ATF will have a budget by this weekend. I would think calls for the January class will happen before Christmas.

I'm trying to keep hope alive. Have a great weekend everyone!

Roll Call
    Late 2014 Leading Candidates

Agent1234
    Gregg_1965
    ORfarm
    STL1801
    Waiting
    derica6319

Anyone else?

Has anyone heard a class date "for sure" yet?

I'm hearing a January 26th start date for next class

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg_1965 View Post
    Roll Call
    Late 2014 Leading Candidates

Agent1234
    Gregg_1965
    ORfarm
    STL1801
    Waiting
    derica6319

Anyone else?

Has anyone heard a class date "for sure" yet?