Hey there everyone. I just had a few questions about getting hired as a police officer. First let me introduce myself. My name is Raza. I am currently 19 years old and currently attending the University of Texas at Dallas to receive my BS in Geology. My parents and I immigrated to the US nearly 17 ago and have recently become a naturalized citizen. I have never done any sort of drugs or alcohol. Additionally I have never received any tickets for driving violations. In about 2 years I well begin applying to law enforcement agencies. I do understand that is quite a far ways off but I would like to have some information before I enter the job market. I have the following questions:
1. As it stands how competitive of a candidate would you say I am and how likely it is that I will be hired?
2. Would the fact that I am a minority affect the chances for me to get hired?
3. My current GPA is horrendously low(2.5). How much would this effect me?
4. How important is it for me to schedule ride alongs?
5. What departments should I apply to? I would prefer to stay in the DFW area but I am open to moving almost anywhere in the US. I would like to make it as detective if possible. Are there any DFW departments that come to mind for this goal?
6. I have never shot a fire arm, would this negatively impact me?

Other things that might be helpful to know about me: I am in fairly good physical shape, not the greatest in the world but still pretty good shape. Passing the physical aspect of the test should not be an issue for me. I am Bilingual in English and urdu/hindi. Urdu and Hindi are essentially the same in the way they are spoken but are completely different in the way they are written. I have never been in the military.

sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide me with