Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

ATF - Keep on Rockin' in the Hire Mode (05/15)

With apologies to Neil Young, read the first post in the last thread HERE, and rock on.
    ret.

Had a pre-screen interview a few months ago and it went well. Waiting on a written invite.

That GS-5/7/9 is a killer but it would be a nice problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by finyank13 View Post
    Had a pre-screen interview a few months ago and it went well. Waiting on a written invite.

That GS-5/7/9 is a killer but it would be a nice problem to have.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the invites went out a few weeks ago. The open period has ended.

This is true, I received my invitation and applied in mid April. I am a Border Patrol Agent of 6 years with Task Force Experience with the DEA. I have almost 2 years of schooling but no degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the invites went out a few weeks ago. The open period has ended.
    Sorry I should have been more clear, I received the email from them and applied to the post on USAJOBS in late April.....

I am waiting on a test date.

Anyone know if there will be a new announcement for this year?

kzvo91, ATF has not been using posted announcements for special agent hiring for a couple of years now. Follow the hyperlink in the first post of this thread for more information, but in sum persons interested in applying will want to contact the Field Division recruiter for the division covering their state.
    ret.

Quote Originally Posted by ATF SAC View Post
    kzvo91, ATF has not been using posted announcements for special agent hiring for a couple of years now. Follow the hyperlink in the first post of this thread for more information, but in sum persons interested in applying will want to contact the Field Division recruiter for the division covering their state.
    Thank you, I will read through.

I just did the pre-screen today in DC. Seemed like very down to earth and cool people. Is any one else here just starting the process in DC?

The position was for GS 5 through 7. Did they decide at the pre-screen which grade we are applying under?

Thanks.

In the office, questioning my life choices
    No. The final determination for grade eligibility is made later. Even if you think you're qualified as a GS-7, be sure to check all of the grades for which you believe yourself to be qualified. If you think you should be a 7, but are willing to take a 5, check that box too. All it takes is for some clown at OPM to decide you AREN'T qualified as a 7, and you're out of the process if you didn't check the "5" box as well. That "box checking" will be done once you get the link.

Jeaglera, hey I sent you a message awhile back if you get a chance to check it.
    -bayranger

As always, thanks for the info in this thread guys. I'm October 2014 Applicant. Still waiting on the FedEx package over 3 months now post interview. Seems like 95% of others have gotten theirs. I know of 1 other in my boat. Maybe this week is my week coming up. Saying that the last 12 times hasn't worked but I'm optimistic! Haha
    #nonewsisgoodnews

Just received my email to schedule my test for ATF SA today. Scheduling opens tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Any July 2014 applicants still in the process in here? Any February 2014?

No sir, I'm an April 2015 applicant and I take my test on Friday. How long has the process been taking? How have the progressions been between test and interview? Interview and Poly, etc.

July 2014 applicant. There have been periods of fast movement like December and January and periods of very little or no movement. Waited until almost June to meet BI contractor and mid June for poly. Others that have processed in my division had different timelines. Seems most are pretty similar until after fedex and medical then it is very different for each applicant.