Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where have all the posters gone?

I haven't logged in in over a year and I looked around the community list, and nothing appears to have changed much. In fact, I have been surprised at how old some of the posts have been. Have the number of members dropped, are our jobs less interesting, or have the hiring slowdowns just had an affect on these boards?
    "Good, Our First Catch of the Day." SW:V ESB

You said it yourself...haven't logged in in over a year....most folks haven't.
    “The fringes of their deserts were strewn with broken faiths.”
    ― T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph

Shhhh! I'm on surveillance. Got the perfect spot...

The economy is on the mend.

This board has always been heavier on federal hiring and frankly there hasn't been much of it of late. The few agencies that are hiring do have pretty active threads as those processes move forward, but we are still nowhere near the days of post-9/11 mass hiring and constant vacancies across FLE.

I say that 1811 hiring activity determines the activity here

Looking through your bank records & garbage..
    Is there still a registration fee?

If so, I completely "get" the point of it but ANY cost tends to inhibit new posters.

Officer.com forums, Delphi forums and LEO Only. org/Facebook group are all very active.

Quote Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
    I say that 1811 hiring activity determines the activity here
    I know it did for me and everyone I met at FLETC back in the day.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it." -Chinese proverb

I started here in 2001 under a different username, and for those that don't know...this place was JUMPING back then. 911 still remains the "gold standard" in LE hiring boards. The archives here are worth their weight in gold. It's also fun to read through really old threads about rumors to see just how they panned out...

Quote Originally Posted by uptownfed View Post
    I started here in 2001 under a different username, and for those that don't know...this place was JUMPING back then. 911 still remains the "gold standard" in LE hiring boards. The archives here are worth their weight in gold. It's also fun to read through really old threads about rumors to see just how they panned out...
    time sure flies. yes mid 2000's this place was jumping. The "Glynco and Quantico will merge into one" rumor was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by uptownfed View Post
    This is the one and only gold mine when it comes down to information about an agency you may want to apply to or intern with.

Yep this place was slammed with activity in the mid 2000's. I remember agency hiring threads would hit 200+ in just a day or two. It was crazy.

The first time I ever saw this forum was at FLETC. We were in a computer lab during a break and one of my classmates was viewing the site.

You could inevitably find a fletc classmate or two here before starting, The 200+ post threads a day, post a question at 9am and have 20 legit answers waiting for you the next time you logged in that day. Ahh, the good old days...