Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

What Would You Do?

Hi guys, so I have been pondering this for quite some time and would very appreciate the expert advice from individuals on this forum. So my dilemma is as follows:

Both my girlfriend and I want to work federally protecting the tranquility and democracy of America. The issue is both her father and her brother-in-law use marijuana (yet her brother-in-law has been transitioning into more stronger things, i.e. pills). My question is, what should I do to ensure a better route for our future. Should I talk with them (we are not close), should I just call the cops, should I push for their suppliers information to report to the police (hopefully make up for not reporting in sooner by cutting down on the supply chain for contraband).

I appreciate every feedback and professional advice. Thank you guys, I feel y'all are the only ones I could relate to...

Set your own path. You are not responsible for the actions of others.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson

I would try as much as possible not to interact with them. There will be interactions that are unavoidable, especially for your GF, such as holidays, weddings and such, but I sure wouldn't hang out with them every Friday night.
    You are judged by the company you keep. You don't want a background investigator interviewing a neighbor or co-worker who innocently, or not-so-innocently, mentions that you and your GF go hunting every weekend with her father, or you're doing a long-term restoration project on your pick-up with the brother-in-law.
    ESFLEA
    Life is what happens while you're planning other things.

Thanks for the insight. I mistakenly figured if I could change them or set them straight, it would make me look better as an applicant and individual; guess these are two conflicting forces.

Again, you're not their keeper. We all have relatives or friends with issues. If those issues conflict with our positions, I've found it's better to separate yourself from the problem vs. trying to change them. Good luck to you.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
    Hunter S. Thompson