Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Concord NH Police

Hi..anyone have any insight on this department and/or city?

Thanks.

Not much in terms of the department other than the fact that they have an email list that they use to hire off of. The academy in NH is a state-wide academy (every municipality attends) and once you pass the academy you are able to transfer to any other department in the state without redoing it. Law enforcement in NH is extremely small (Concord is one of the larger agencies and has less than 100 full time police officers.

As for the city, it is the capital of the state and has just over 40,000 residents. Things you may not readily find online about the city are: 1.) it is known as a place with a large homeless population that typically take up a large majority of police time (especially close to the winter months) and that it is home to many refugees from a variety of tough parts of the world.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of any of the points you mentioned. I had been wondering how such a small department could have an actual academy class. It makes sense that they combine the training with other departments throughout the state.

I was in Concord recently for the first time and did not notice much homeless, but I will take your word for what you have written. The place seemed to be a quaint and quiet small town. Then again, I only spent 2 days there.

"Home to many refugees"..sound like a place for trouble makers to escape to.

Well, I have passed the physical and written. My next step is the oral. If anyone insight on that step, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmain View Post
    Hey Matt,

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of any of the points you mentioned. I had been wondering how such a small department could have an actual academy class. It makes sense that they combine the training with other departments throughout the state.

I was in Concord recently for the first time and did not notice much homeless, but I will take your word for what you have written. The place seemed to be a quaint and quiet small town. Then again, I only spent 2 days there.

"Home to many refugees"..sound like a place for trouble makers to escape to.

Well, I have passed the physical and written. My next step is the oral. If anyone insight on that step, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
    I wouldn't say the refugees cause trouble as much as they present unique challenges (English language problems, issues trusting the police/military due to experiences in their home country, etc) for the interview I would focus on knowing everything you can about the city, department, etc. things you normally would pay attention to (maybe take a look at their logs, etc.)