Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

icon35.gif Hawaii prosecutors office investigator.

I was wondering if any is an investigator or has applied to any of the island prosecutors office investigation position. I understand it's a lateral position and they take those that have a prior academy.
    Any info would be great.
    P.s. Kahuna I'm still with CBP. Still looking.
    Aloha to all.
    Seaker:

Quote Originally Posted by seaker View Post
    I was wondering if any is an investigator or has applied to any of the island prosecutors office investigation position. I understand it's a lateral position and they take those that have a prior academy.
    Any info would be great.
    P.s. Kahuna I'm still with CBP. Still looking.
    Aloha to all.
    Seaker:
    I know two mainland folks that were prior LEOs/Investigators that went out there and lasted about a year or so then headed back to the Mainland.

Politics and how Hawaii works legally played a very big part of their departure.........

When I was still out there, i looked into it. But, as stated, the way the State works politically kept me out of the applying or the positions which seem to always be open.

Two different retirement systems btwn them and Hono PD and you would think retiring Hono PD Officers would snatch them up but they don't.

Time flies seaker! Before you know it you'll be retiring from CBP! I actually spoke to the Chief Investigator there for the AG's Office about an Investigator's position years ago. We really hit it off on the phone and he liked my resume and application. Sounded like I was in the running for the job. Then he suddenly "retired" and that was the end of that budding job prospect. Looking back now I'm glad it didn't pan out at that time in my life. I think as I get closer to retirement myself it would maybe peak my interest for awhile post retirement. The qualifications were strange for the higher Levels (Investigator IV and V etc.). Not only did they want some substantial investigative experience (which I had), they also wanted supervisory experience (which I didn't have at that time). Again this was about 15 years ago or earlier. Time flies!

Kahuna
    Humuhumunukunukuapua'a