Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
    If you have Security A+ or CISSP the more cyber-aware agencies should key on that. FBI for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    See satpak77's answer below. The same would apply for us, HSI.
    Thank you fellas! (Not to assume your gender)

Quote Originally Posted by mattw94 View Post
    Thank you fellas! (Not to assume your gender)
    No worries, your assumption was correct and sat and BIG have been around long enough to have grown rather tough skin.
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Most people respect the badge, everybody respects the gun.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

Just a little bump to remind all that a HSI announcement should be dropping this month, after the above mentioned delay. If BIG hears anything as to a specific date he shall post it. Baring that, keep your eyes on that government hiring site.
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

This announcement is now open on USAJOBS.
    USBP now ICE 1811

Does anybody know if this will be an expedited process? If so, is there a rough timeline?

Lastly, I know some SACs were collecting resumes. Anybody know if those selected by the SAC will basically bypass the process?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Does anybody know if this will be an expedited process? If so, is there a rough timeline?

Lastly, I know some SACs were collecting resumes. Anybody know if those selected by the SAC will basically bypass the process?

Thanks in advance.
    Bypass the process? Are you referring to the testing and interviews or academy attendance?

Being that this is an open announcement, and not a lateral announcement, BIG doesn't see many things being bypassed. But, BIG isn't a policy maker, so take that for what its worth.

Thanks for the reply, Big. I was referring to the interviews and testing. I know some SACs were collecting resumes before the announcement posted. Rumor is those SACs can select people outside of the announcement. I was not sure if the individuals selected by the SAC will have to test, interview, etc, or even if that rumor is true.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Big. I was referring to the interviews and testing. I know some SACs were collecting resumes before the announcement posted. Rumor is those SACs can select people outside of the announcement. I was not sure if the individuals selected by the SAC will have to test, interview, etc, or even if that rumor is true.
    As I understand it, the SACs can refer candidates for priority consideration, either for vacancies within that SAC office or for placement into the general hiring pool. This gets the applicant into the process without having to compete in the initial application phase, but everything else is the same as far as interview panel, medical, etc.

Hello nesdet,

Will applicants who are referred for priority consideration still have to take the Special Agent Test Battery Written Exam also? I assume yes, but I didn’t see you list that alongside “interview panel, medical, etc.” so I didn’t know if you meant to include that in the “etc” or not. I heard rumors that some applicants will be able to bypass the written test. Not sure how, maybe you would have more affirmative insight.

Quote Originally Posted by jtc View Post
    Will applicants who are referred for priority consideration still have to take the Special Agent Test Battery Written Exam also? I assume yes, but I didn’t see you list that alongside “interview panel, medical, etc.” so I didn’t know if you meant to include that in the “etc” or not. I heard rumors that some applicants will be able to bypass the written test. Not sure how, maybe you would have more affirmative insight.
    I understood it to be the same process for everyone, with the direct referrals only making sure the selected candidates make it through the initial screening and, in some cases, be assigned to a specific office if they get hired. This is a new process though, and things may have changed from the way it was originally discussed awhile back.

From the announcement:

Special Agent (SA) Test Battery: The SA Test Battery is a web-based administered test with convenient self-scheduling at more than 500 test centers. The test will measure your reasoning skills, your experience, and your writing skills. You must PASS the SA Test Battery in order to continue in the hiring process. You will not be allowed to retest within 12 months of your test date. (ALL applicants who are selected to move forward in the hiring process will be required to take the test battery this year even if they have previously passed the test.)

Writing Sample: A PASSING score is required for this assessment which evaluates an applicant's overall writing ability, organization, presentation of ideas, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary. You will not be allowed to retest within 12 months of your test date. (ALL applicants who are selected to move forward in the hiring process will be required to take the Writing Sample this year even if they have previously passed the test.)
    So, at least according to the announcement, it doesn't sound like any of the actual steps in the process will be different from prior announcement.

Thanks Aspiring Fed. Does anyone have any idea when a notice email will be sent out to determine if applicants are qualified or not?

I have been wondering this as well. Anybody have ideas on a general timeframe?

FYI, female only HSI announcement now live.

Don’t kill the messenger fellas

I identify as a female - sometimes.