Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In the office, questioning my life choices
    Wow.

The part I found interesting was in a "Female Only" announcement, they still included the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy statement saying they don't "discriminate in employment on the basis of... sex (including pregnancy and gender identity)".

You'd like to think DHS legal had reviewed this plan before rolling it out, but it sure seems destined for a challenge. Imagine posting an application that specified only applicants of a certain race or religion.

Quote Originally Posted by whatchagot View Post
    You'd like to think DHS legal had reviewed this plan before rolling it out, but it sure seems destined for a challenge. Imagine posting an application that specified only applicants of a certain race or religion.
    Yes, it is generally prohibited by federal anti-discrimination regulations, but the law allows OPM to authorize exceptions in limited circumstances to address critical needs. Offhand I can recall female only hiring announcements from CBP, TSA and VA Police. For law enforcement, it’s usually based on need for more diversity to deal with female/child detainees or protectees, undercover work, assisting female victims, and so on.

Received my NOR for the DH announcement: "Your application has not been considered at this time due to the volume of qualified applicants. If additional vacancies occur before the certificate expires, your application will be considered at that time."

It seems as though everyone moving forward got emails to schedule their written exam.

It’s been suggested, proposed and hinted at for awhile now. Finally, it’s official. Both components of ICE, being HSI and ERO, will being to conduct polygraphs of new applicants for 1801 (ERO) and 1811 (HSI) positions. As signed by the outgoing and recently retired ICE Director to put both components inline with other federal agencies
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Most people respect the badge, everybody respects the gun.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    It’s been suggested, proposed and hinted at for awhile now. Finally, it’s official. Both components of ICE, being HSI and ERO, will being to conduct polygraphs of new applicants for 1801 (ERO) and 1811 (HSI) positions. As signed by the outgoing and recently retired ICE Director to put both components inline with other federal agencies
    According to the paperwork one of Joe's has... if you have given a poly in the last 3 years by another FLEO Agency and it covers the same subjects OR you have a TS/SCI that is active, they can waiver it.... Saw the email this morning as he was trying to get his stuff filled out.

Interesting, since the vast majority of people with TS/SCIs do NOT have a polygraph as part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by whatchagot View Post
    Interesting, since the vast majority of people with TS/SCIs do NOT have a polygraph as part of that.
    It was posted that way in the announcement as well. I read that myself a while back.

Does anybody have info on what is up with the tentative offers coming out? Rumor has it that some went out yesterday. I am trying to figure out if they are releasing them in batches, or if we didn’t get one, then it means that we failed the test. Thanks!

Do not know.
    It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both. - Niccolo Machiavelli

Most people respect the badge, everybody respects the gun.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. - Colonel Jessup